Numerical Audio updates RE-1 Tape Machine to v1.1
18th October 2018
Numerical Audio has updated RE-1 Tape Machine to version 1.1.
- Drag n Drop - Samples/Loops can now be imported from and exported to other apps using drag and drop. If supported, drag and drop even works between plugins running inside a host.
- Sample Editor - Recorded loops can now be edited before saving allowing for volume adjustments and crossfades to smooth out the loop point and avoid clicks.
- Info Mode - A new "info mode" shows a short description for each control describing what it does and how to use it.
Full Release Notes:
- Universal: added iPhone support.
- UI: Added "What's new" dialogue.
- UI: Added Sample export dialogue with options for applying a crossfade at the loop point and adjusting sample volume before writing it to disk.
- UI: added info mode - when enabled, tapping any control will bring up a description of it's function as well as suggestions on how to use it.
- Optimizations: improved drawing performance.
- Optimizations: decreased install size.
- Samples: added support for drag n drop import (works in Standalone and AU, samples are shared between the two).
- Looping: When overdub is engaged, feedback only affects output from the second and third playback heads (this change was made to avoiding high pitched artifacts caused by modulating a delay time of 0hz).
- Fixed an issue where importing .wav files using uncommon format headers would crash the app or create static.
- Fixed an issue where "link transport" and "time-stretch" buttons would not toggle properly.
- Fixed an issue where restoring an ApeMatrix session with RE-1 inside would crash the plugin.
- Fixed an issue where using wireless headphones would result in low quality mono audio.
- Fixed an issue where changing the host tempo would cause time-stretching to be calculated based on the previous, not the updated tempo.
- Fixed an issue where loading the app in GarageBand would cause a crash (only relates to IAA, not AUv3).
- Fixed an issue where time-stretching would only be applied to samples loaded from audio files but not live recordings.
- Fixed an issue where the right channel would behave differently from the left when applying feedback in overdub mode.
RE-1 v1.1 is available as a free update from the Apple App Store.
KVR Audio, Inc.