Bitwig Studio updated to v2.4.2
23rd October 2018
Bitwig Studio has been updated to v2.4.2.
Changes in v2.4.2
- Scene could have wrong height in Mix view under certain circumstances.
- Adjusted auto-suspend behavior for some amplitude-averaging devices (such as Compressor, Transient Control, and Peak Limiter).
- Inserting beat markers via double-click sometimes would not work in layered Detail Editor Panel.
- E-Kick device: differences between 2.3 and 2.4.
- Under rare circumstances, a clip copied from the Arranger to the Clip Launcher could play back with an incorrect amplitude.
Changes in v2.4.1
- Sampler: When in Cycles mode, root key setting (plus fine tuning amount) is visualized on the waveform when zoomed in.
- Sampler: uses less memory.
- Some improvements to the startup time of the application.
- Changed default "Channel to" setting in track inspector to 1, recording notes to channel 1 by default.
- MPE expressions now work more reliably for VST plug-ins.
- Browser Panel no longer slow when unfolding system disk tree file hierarchy on macOS.
- Layout issue in the Dashboard help section on displays with a large height.
- Crash sometimes when using a controller with remote controls and moving between devices.
- Always treat the enter key on the number pad the same as the normal enter key so it works everywhere where the normal enter key works for shortcuts.
- Sampler: Zone-logic (Always play / Round-robin) wasn't stored in MULTISAMPLE files.
- Sampler: dragging a sample file from the used list of samples inside a multisample did not work.
- Sampler: "Browse Samples" was not possible when the Sampler window is in detached mode.
- Sampler: Distribute Key / Velocity / Select Equally functions could not be mapped to keyboard shortcuts.
- Channel Filter device: would sometimes crash when receiving system MIDI messages (like active sensing) from a plug-in.
- Instrument Selector device: an empty device was creating around 50ms of latency.
- Note Echo device: could generate invalid channel number.
- MIDI CC device: could send an incorrect CC 127.
- Keytrack modulator default values in absolute mode were not giving a straight line.
- Engine crash when cutting or copying a scene in some cases.
- Use global time signature for newly created clips on arranger when arranger does not have any time signature automation.
- When creating a new project and we close the previous project activate the audio engine on the new project if it was activated on the one we closed.
- Some PNG files could crash the application on Windows if there were errors downloading them (e.g in the dashboard help).
- Panning or zooming with middle mouse button would put focus into the viewport being panned which it shouldn't.
- Only try to focus a Bitwig Studio main window if the user explicitly closes a plugin window by clicking on the close button in the window title.
- Crash when searching in the browser using the dir keyword and a quoted argument containing non-word characters (e.g. dir:"dir to search for").
- Quneo script would crash when receiving some MIDI CC messages.
- DeviceBank.scrollTo set the scroll position instead of scrolling the position into view like the comment says it should.
- Random engine crashes when using some controllers scripts.
- Rare crash when closing a project sometimes.
- Sampler: The fade-out that happens at sample-stop to prevent clicks didn't work for large block-sizes.
- Rare crash when consolidating audio clips.
- Some WAV files that could be read in 2.3.5 could not be read in 2.4 (e.g., when metadata had been edited in NI Maschine).
- Crash when dragging launcher clip from grouped track to arranger in some cases.
- Dragging or inserting expression events on raw audio would sometimes leave the expression events in the wrong order.
- Keytracking for filters was slightly off since 2.4.
- Under some conditions, audio clips could get into an alternating silence state after the arrangement loop jumped.
- Action "start audio event here" on beat markers might set an incorrect start time.
KVR Audio, Inc.