Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Kevin why can't I import my SEM bank into the new version? - I have my own bank (SEMBlance) and 3 other third party banks I need to use. It just doesn't recognise the format for banks or individual presets.

For the moment, the legacy factory & user presets won't be compatible with the new plugins versions.

But we are currently developing a preset converter in order to make your patches from the legacy versions compatible with the new plugins.

This app should be available in the forthcoming weeks/months.

Kevin
OK that's annoying, I hope it is more weeks than months. I know the old versions work alongside the new but I really don't like having to switch between them. So are the presets all brand new then? Otherwise how did you get them into the new versions?
We have converted them so we already have the tool.
We just have to polish it to make it available to the public.
Good - that's what I guessed was the case ;)

Why not offer to convert some banks and host them on your site if you are not ready to release it in the wild yet? - I'd be perfectly happy for you to do that for my SEM bank.

pheeleep wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
pheeleep wrote:I am installing some of the demos at the moment. The path for install are the "blahblah>Steinberg>Vst Plugins" folders, which can't be changed prior to installing. Once the plugins are installed, can I just move them to my actual VST folders or do I have to leave them in the default folders the plugins were installed to? Thanks
Strange. I am able to change the paths for the VST2 plugins in the Installer. Was no need to move the plugins later here. i am using those in Windows 10 64-bit.
On the other hand oppoing to the VST2 both the VST3 and AAX plugins are always installed to a default folders.
That is really weird. I just cancelled the demo installation to start over. There is a note on the first install screen that the plugins will install to the Steinberg folders and I see no way to change the paths (there is a custom option, but that only allows us to pick which plugins to install from the whole collection). I thought it was because it's the demo installer at first, but I think that you also had to install the demo installer and then activated the plugins from the demos, correct? Weird.. I am on Win 7 64 bit

BTW I am using the entire collection demo installer. Not sure if you guys used a different installer (maybe for just one plugin vs. the whole collection (?))
The page for the path of the VST2 plugin is AFTER the page for the tickmarks with which plugin formats you want to install. The path shown at the earlier page (before selecting teh plugin formats you want to install) is for the content like e.g. presets and other stuff, not the plugins.

In case you selected the VST3 and/or AAX plugins and no VST2 plugins you will not be able to set the path. VST3 and AAX will be installed to a default folder.

The installer should be the same for the demo and full version. After receiving the license in my account the demo automatically became a full version here.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

aMUSEd wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Kevin why can't I import my SEM bank into the new version? - I have my own bank (SEMBlance) and 3 other third party banks I need to use. It just doesn't recognise the format for banks or individual presets.

For the moment, the legacy factory & user presets won't be compatible with the new plugins versions.

But we are currently developing a preset converter in order to make your patches from the legacy versions compatible with the new plugins.

This app should be available in the forthcoming weeks/months.

Kevin
OK that's annoying, I hope it is more weeks than months. I know the old versions work alongside the new but I really don't like having to switch between them. So are the presets all brand new then? Otherwise how did you get them into the new versions?
We have converted them so we already have the tool.
We just have to polish it to make it available to the public.
Good - that's what I guessed was the case ;)

Why not offer to convert some banks and host them on your site if you are not ready to release it in the wild yet? - I'd be perfectly happy for you to do that for my SEM bank.
PM me your email and we will see what we can do next week.

Awesome, thanks

Numanoid wrote:Don't like the Arturia installer

I asked it to install the 64 bit VST 2 of analog lab 2 to my 64 bit VST folder

Yet it manages to install four extra copies of it in the ProgramData folder, even though I unticked VST3 and 32 bit VSTs they still get installed there.

It gobbles up previous SSD space :help:
It's a crap installer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Analog Lab 2 no edit window for the synths? or is it because i don't own V3?

Hellfog wrote:Analog Lab 2 no edit window for the synths? or is it because i don't own V3?
It's just a player. I think if you own the synths, you can hit the edit button though.

But if they could be edited otherwise, what would be the point of buying the standalone synths? :lol: It's essentially a patch player to trial the different synths.

Hellfog wrote:Analog Lab 2 no edit window for the synths? or is it because i don't own V3?
Edit only for the synths you have purchased. It was always like that.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
Still without purchased synths, there are almost twenty macro controls for each patch though, so that should make it as editable as Lethal at least :D

And users can combine any two patches (multi) to make even more personalised sounds

Cant even find it at PluginDiscounts......did they remove it?

Currently checking the Presets of the Synclavier V (before i try to do my own...). Independent of if this is a proper emulation or not (and IMO in this case it does not really matter...) the sounds you could get from this are simply beautiful, both silky smooth and crystal clear at the same time and that without a filter being involved...
You could get the sound even more clean with the quality settings at the SETTINGS page, especially with turing off the "Noise Floor" knob. This setting seems to be global and is kept while browsing trough patches.

FWIW i am curently browsing using the NKS presets in the Komplete Kontrol plugin and using a realtaed NI controller keyboard.

Also happy that Arturia used a knobbed GUI/interface instead of the original buttons ad a single knob which would have been a big PITA IMO. Same was also true about the interface of Matrix-12V that should be a lot more easy to use than the real thing.
The advanced editing page in Synclavier V could be very helpful when programming advanced features and for editing the additive partials for teh carrier and modulator waveforms it seems to be the only way.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri May 20, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Anybody who got UVI The Beast, would be interesting to know if it can be compared to Synclaiver V

Ingonator wrote:Currently checking the Presets of the Synclavier V (before i try to do my own...). Independent of if this is a proper emulation or not (and IMO in this case it does not really matter...) the sounds you could get from this are simply beautiful, both silky smooth and crystal clear at the same time and that without a filter being involved...
You could get the sound even more clean with the quality settings at the SETTINGS page, especially with turing off the "Noise Floor" knob. This setting seems to be global and is kept while browsing trough patches.

FWIW i am curently browsing using the NKS presets in the Komplete Kontrol plugin and using a realtaed NI controller keyboard.

Also happy that Arturia used a knobbed GUI/interface instead of the original buttons ad a single knob which would have been a big PITA IMO. Same was also true about the interface of Matrix-12V that should be a lot more easy to use than the real thing.
The advanced editing page in Synclavier V could be very helpful when programming advanced faatures and for editing the additive partials it seems to be the only way.
Ingo, I may be spending all my free time on this thing. I am terribly addicted already.

Numanoid wrote:
murnau wrote:
Still without purchased synths, there are almost twenty macro controls for each patch though, so that should make it as editable as Lethal at least :D

And users can combine any two patches (multi) to make even more personalised sounds
Only that nobody asked the obvious.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:Anybody who got UVI The Beast, would be interesting to know if it can be compared to Synclaiver V

Well judging by the info blurbs on either page. The first thing that stands out is that the Arturia one is an actual additive/FM synthesis engine.

From what I can tell with UVI's Beast is that it's just samples of the real thing.

As far as i can tell, the Arturia one does not have the sampler sounds.

So in the best possible scenario, you would want "both" to get the ultimate synclavier experience on your computer.
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”