Isn't Hexter awesome?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hexter is very accurate. i've become interested in the project, and this is the first software instrument i've really been interested in helping along. so far the vst port is not very good, but it has been done quite quickly and the original source doesnt look like the easiest thing to port to vst.

it still doesnt match the real original dx-7, but it is closer than the alternative software. if someone could do real dumps of the tables in the real dx-7 and use them without breaking the law, it may be possible to do a perfect point-to-point match of the original unfortunately this is not going to happen, so i hope in the future hexter will become even more accurate. so far i'm very pleased with it, although i value my dx-7 mostly for the keyboard, not the synthesizer :)

i'll definitely not be letting go of the real one.

dont worry about the licence problems, this will be solved easilly. a wrapper needs to be made that can allow the compliation of the main source without any of the vst code. the vst code is available from other places for free. fair-use under the context of interoperability (if you're not american! :) allows for posting the vst parts of the sources in the case the original stuff is no longer available for free. its nothing to worry about.

Anyone up to the challenge, then? :D
Mizutaphile.

Nevermind

:(

well it is open source. i considered coding for it but my style is so absolutely different that i dont think my work would be very apreciated :)

atleast, i would have to cry like a little girl in seeing my code had been molested into a different formatting standard.

also, to be honest i would have done it completely different. i'm not into the idea of disagreements on the basis of an entire project :P

i sent some code for midi deltaevent handling so the next release he does should have perfect timing. i considered it, but i dont want to start giving 'corrections' to his entire code, maybe he just wants to do it that way?.. anyway.. most i can do is give suggestions and example code, i dont really think i can produce the actual code for it. we'll see in the future.

I can't seem to download it.. When I click the green 'Download CuteVST'-button I get to a page with the error message:

No File Packages

There are no file packages defined for this project.

Read this on the main page:

"2005-11-13 (November 13, 2005) - Sorry, took a closer look at GPL license and found out VST plugin interface is not compatible with it since it is proprietary code so I removed the plugins."

No Hexter for me? :cry:

Found it elsewhere.. :)

i get the same error message.
Cheers

Simon
www.myspace.com/projectzeero
www.life-support.org.uk

P4 3GHz CPU | 1Gb RAM | WIN XP Home | Cubase SE 3.03 |

"AMD Athlon 1GB" :hihi:

it's "1Ghz"

snooky wrote:"AMD Athlon 1GB" :hihi:

it's "1Ghz"
You mean you've never tried the 1GB AMD processor!? Pah!

OK, you got me! :oops:

"I made a difference today"

:)

search function does not work, so i could not search.

does hexter save its state along with the host?

thanks

D3CK

since i posted there the whole hexter-vst thing disappeared. the guy doing it gave up, he said "due to legal reasons". i tried to explain to him some possible methods to avoid these "legal issues" but i never got any reply. so it seems dead now.

it was based upon the hexter dssi plugin though, and the source is still available. somebody could do another "port", or you have the option of using the dssi plugin.

we've been incorrectly refering to hexter-vst as just 'hexter', we should be calling it hexter-vst. the short lived hexter-vst project had no affiliation with the root hexter project, to my knowledge.

hexter is fairly inactive too.

http://dssi.sourceforge.net/hexter.html

not to mention dssi as a whole. you should probably consider the whole thing long-dead.

Return to “Instruments”