Alesis Fusion 6HD

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got my new centrepiece for my studio...

Pretty damned impressive so far :)

we have the same keyboard :wink:

How is Sonar 5 working out for you?? I was searching for a host apart from FL Studio that I will be using for about 98% MIDI and I saw the videos on the SONAR website... How is SONAR for MIDI???

Can't answer your question about SONAR as I don't use it. What you see on screen there is Nuendo 3. I also use Live 5.

Looks an ugly thing, bit too spacey for me, what does it sound like?

Kriminal wrote:Looks an ugly thing, bit too spacey for me, what does it sound like?
It is quite big, but it sounds great !! The keyboard action is one of the best I've used in a long while. The screen is big enough and the potential is limitless. I've only just scratched the surface but to have FM, PM, VA and sampling all under one roof along with 8 track 24/96 digital audio recording, the possibilities seem endless. I'm going to have big fun designing sounds with this baby ;)

There are lots of other features like Mix mode, which from what I can tell is a very advanced and not so cheesy split/auto accomp. feature. A very nice little ideas creation tool.

But ultimately it sounds great. Big, fat, rumbling basses and searing leads alongside some really lush, evolving pads. The sampler also imports Akai S6000 & Z8 stuff, so I'm going to have a play with that later. But I'm really looking forward to messing around with the modelling sections. Alesis are about to update some of the architecture and add some filters and stuff (all free updates downloadable from Alesis and transferred over either by CF card or USB 2.0). New sounds are promised too !! The expandibility is just massive with the built in 40GB HD.

I've played with Tritons and Motifs, but this is way ahead of them :)

No one is going to see me for a long while ;)

looks very interesting, the Fusion.. I was considering it, but I've yet to see a review for it.

Lovesign, I think we'd all appreciate if you could share any mp3 demos you make with this thing. Especially of the PhysMod stuff...

Indeed. I will put some stuff up soon. As for reviews, check out the March edition of Sound On Sound magazine (on sale 16th Feb.2006) as they are promising a review of the 6HD in there. The 8HD is exactly the same apart from the 88 key semi weighted keyboard.

The are some audio demos at http://www.fusionsynth.com

Sonar is AWESOME for MIDI considering it started life as cakewalk - the DIFINITIVE MIDI sequencer for the PC.

I was going to buy the Alesis Fusion 88 key version, but then I found soft synths and sample collections - now I just don't see the need. I have all the sound expansion one could ever desire. My $7500 KN7000 has been reduced to a MIDI master keyboard (because it uses USB2 instead of MIDI to connect - much faster, easier and more reliable) - the rest exists soley in the pc arena. I will probably never buy a solid state keyboard ever again. Granted, Alesis priced these models EXTREMELY competitive - so inexpensive to be honest, one would think that something is wrong with them. You can buy a Motif or a Phantom for around $2500 or you can buy a MIDI Master keyboard (around $500 for a good 88 key) and then spend as little or as much as you want on synths and sample collections - but all in all, MUCH cheaper than the Motif or the Phantom and the endless sound advancement capability would have me never turn back again!

My only gripe with the fusion is the screen. After sitting down with a Korg Oasys and then using my in-house computers, the Fusion's rinky Dink one color screen left me cold.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Looks amazing - want one :)

Karmacomposer wrote:Sonar is AWESOME for MIDI considering it started life as cakewalk - the DIFINITIVE MIDI sequencer for the PC.

I was going to buy the Alesis Fusion 88 key version, but then I found soft synths and sample collections - now I just don't see the need. I have all the sound expansion one could ever desire. My $7500 KN7000 has been reduced to a MIDI master keyboard (because it uses USB2 instead of MIDI to connect - much faster, easier and more reliable) - the rest exists soley in the pc arena. I will probably never buy a solid state keyboard ever again. Granted, Alesis priced these models EXTREMELY competitive - so inexpensive to be honest, one would think that something is wrong with them. You can buy a Motif or a Phantom for around $2500 or you can buy a MIDI Master keyboard (around $500 for a good 88 key) and then spend as little or as much as you want on synths and sample collections - but all in all, MUCH cheaper than the Motif or the Phantom and the endless sound advancement capability would have me never turn back again!

My only gripe with the fusion is the screen. After sitting down with a Korg Oasys and then using my in-house computers, the Fusion's rinky Dink one color screen left me cold.

Just my thoughts.

Mike
I agree, I'm not a big fan of these small screens either. I too love my software but I have an ulterior motive for acquiring the Fusion. But suffice to say, it's a great master keyboard and has some awesome sonic capabilities. I'm actually looking forward to using this alone to see what I can come up with :)

Looks like the control panel from the Starship enterprise. :D

I hear these ALESIS boards are real crap so I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for half price. :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'll swap it for a Korg OASYS :hihi:

Lovesign,

Buy a Korg Karma and use your computer with soft synths - almost all the bang for the buck and you spent about $5000 - $6000 less.

The Oasys makes no sense today. I tried one out extensively and my Korg Karma seemed almost the same without the pretty lights.

$8000 for pretty lights?

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:Lovesign,

Buy a Korg Karma and use your computer with soft synths - almost all the bang for the buck and you spent about $5000 - $6000 less.

The Oasys makes no sense today. I tried one out extensively and my Korg Karma seemed almost the same without the pretty lights.

$8000 for pretty lights?

Mike
Well, seeing as I already have the Fusion, I think I'll stay as I am. As for the OASYS being a glorified Karma ? I won't even grace that with a reply :)

Return to “Instruments”