Closest VSTi versions of pop synths: Prophecy, Juno, Moog...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK you lot, let's here it: In your opinions, what are the closest sonic matches of the following synths:

Korg Prophecy (ignoring VL side of things)
Roland Juno 106
Roland Alpha Juno
Roland JD800
Roland JP8000
TB303
Mini Moog
Prophet

My opinions:
Prophecy: reFX Vanguard (it even somehow feels like it too)
Juno 106: ???
JD800: ??? (this was such a great *big* synth)
JP8000: Superwave P8 without a doubt!
TB303: Orion Bazzline (available as standalone vsti?)
Mini Moog: ASynth (believe it or not!) Just found this one. Had
been using MinimogueVA and thought IT was spot-on til I played with Asynth. <- this has such better filters, smoother, punchier, capable of THAT Dr Who bass line! It's filter ADSR is a bit disappointing though; doesn't quite allow you to open it right up from fully closed. Doh.
Prophet: Pro52. Damn this is a great soft synth!

So, let's have it: whatchya think? Everyone always wants to know this!

bongodrums wrote: Everyone always wants to know this!

i dont.
i just care about what makes the sounds i like.

vurt wrote:
bongodrums wrote: Everyone always wants to know this!
i dont.
i just care about what makes the sounds i like.
i'm with vurt ;)

but most people want to know, and that's why this forum-section on kvr was introduced sometime ago http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=74

You forgot the Access Virus. And the first person who says "One Ping Only" in this thread gets his butt kicked. Wait I just said.................. :bang:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Neon?

Meffy wrote:Neon?
DOH! :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bump3

Is there a Juno vst emulation? I don't mean a synth edit or reaktor one, one which actually models the circuity etc...

or JD800 etc...

Surely the Arturia Mini is the closest minimoog emulation?

i thought the Vangaurd was a alpha juno emulation? i could be wrong though ( hoover patch etc?)

Audio realism is the best 303 for my money

The reaktor Juno is pretty damn close, IMO

Prophet 5 - NOT pro52! i haven't heard arturia's yet, but certainly Dave Smith's version on the Korg Oasys card sounded SO much bigger and better than pro52, whichis a bit tired, IMO.

JP8000? why would you emulate it? its not a classic at all -Yamaha AN1x was certainly able to reproduce the entire JP8000 voice set - butits hardly a synth revered for it's unique sound, now, is it?

these kind of threads are really annoying when continuously repeated and boring. why don't you concentrate on which vstis sound inspiring for your music?

You also forgot the dubreq stylophone

AKJ wrote:these kind of threads are really annoying when continuously repeated and boring. why don't you concentrate on which vstis sound inspiring for your music?
its a forum for discussing virtual instruments, though. to be fair.

bongodrums wrote:My opinions:
Prophecy: reFX Vanguard (it even somehow feels like it too)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

soniccouture wrote:
AKJ wrote:these kind of threads are really annoying when continuously repeated and boring. why don't you concentrate on which vstis sound inspiring for your music?
its a forum for discussing virtual instruments, though. to be fair.
true, but this is asked every day 100 times (maybe lets make a sticky thread for all thiose who are interested in this kind of discussion) and I don't get why we need reproduction instead of innovation

akj

Dr Who bassline wasnt made with a synth but with tape-manipulation, there's another thread somewhere about this (bbc radiophonic workshop)

Return to “Instruments”