Oatmeal (mediocre free VSTi) - 37-4 (fixed Renoise problem)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

scuzzphut wrote:has anyone noticed the oscillator waveform editor yet :-o
this is a truly feature-packed beastie !!
great work, Fuzz :-)
This one has the best features per screen space ratio ever.
CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

MEDIOCRE?!?!?!?! MY ASSSSS!!! This thing RULEZ!!!! I only touched it for about 2 minutes. The sound is fat, the choice of such an easily defined waveform is awesome. Complete with a large hintbar....I know what I'm doing tommorow. Thank you for this gem! It's like Synth One on Acid :lol:

I dont like the GUI
Except the size i think is a bit small, i like it a lot... !

sinkmusic wrote:
I dont like the GUI
Except the size i think is a bit small, i like it a lot... !
It was big enough for me to find the random button, that's why it doesn't bother me for now :lol: But once i start tweaking for my own presets, i'm gonna have to dig the old binoculars out. :P

scuzzphut wrote:has anyone noticed the oscillator waveform editor yet :-o
this is a truly feature-packed beastie !!
great work, Fuzz :-)
Yes! :o
Delighted. 8)
excellent work, Fuzz...now if the GUI were 25% larger and perhaps more contrast, but don't change it on account of me- I've already gotten WAY more out of it than i've paid for :love:

and yes- even if it were a mediocre synth (which it ain't...) it's already a classic due to the random patch generator that generates random names as well! Not only is that fun, it's terribly useful!!! I've never seen another instrument with such added value! this is just too flippin' kewl
thanks thanks thanks!

nice synth here! coaxed a some cool sounds of of it this last half hour here.

Man this is Fantastic :love:

Thank you very much

Yeah the osc waveform editor is just yummi.
About the gui...it isnt really that bad, just a litle small.Would love to have something like in Synth1 where size and color could be selected for the gui
Simple and repetive are my middle names

awesome!!!!

I'm not knowledgeable enough to state this as a definite bug, but is anyone else having problems with the lead sounds when holding down more than two keys?
Try playing (and holding them all down) any sequence of 3 different keys. On the third key I always either get a clicking sound or the 1st key note again.
Does that make any sense?

I couldn't resist the name. :hihi:

Turned out to be a surprisingly cute synth! :o :D

Sort of reminds me of my dim memory of the Korg 707.

Love the wave-drawing capability.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

This is one ear popping synth! Needs a new GUI, but what a brilliant toy, I can't stop playing with it. :o

:love: MY God - thank you!

I haven't had any problems with it so far. I played a 12 note "chord" of one of the presets and had CPU usage of 20% on my AMD 2500, 512 Ram machine, so it's definately kind there.

Features are aplenty here. 5 band parametric EQ, fully assignable Lfo's and mod envelopes, synchable, reversible delays, tuning section, XY pad.....this thing is absolutely amazing.

It may not look as good, but Oatmeal ranks right up there for me with any of Boris K.'s synths anyday. Here is another major contendor for freebie of the year thus far. In fact, it feels and sounds to me alot like NI Reaktor Session One. It's going to clear my plugin folder of alot of other stuff.

WE are surely spoiled when creators of these tools give them away. With all of these amazing tools why does most of my music suck?

Return to “Instruments”