arcDev Mainliner X2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cyclotron2 has a nice gui, like an old videogame, but Cyclotron1 was already beautiful... IMO

bloody ping! amazing gui, stk.
same for the plugs.

Thanks for your amazing recent output Skye. This synth is perfect for the sort of sludge and bass stuff I do. Really amazing and so easy to program its rediculous. The new delays are great as well. Very usefull stuff.

I just put up a small bank of presets over here if anybody wants them.

undef wrote:
Without wrote:Image
:o :-o Awesome...
looks great, but what does it do?
Do you know what A wood chipper is?

The Chase wrote:
undef wrote:
Without wrote:Image
:o :-o Awesome...
looks great, but what does it do?
Do you know what A wood chipper is?
no, sir !
zort!

I dont think many other plugs live up to the f**k SHIT UP catagory like Cyclotron.

CYX2 is out now...

cheers,
sk

Mainliner 2 is fine, but i think i will keep Mainliner1 on my computer. The sound is less raw, with fewer distortion, and it takes a little too much cpu on my computer...
Nice gui, nice presets with fine hipass filters and some good subs anyway !

Nice interview with The Man Claus Larssen on your site arcDev! Great! :D and yea, the synth is smashing, too. Thanks for both!

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

sinkmusic wrote:Mainliner 2 is fine, but i think i will keep Mainliner1 on my computer. The sound is less raw, with fewer distortion, and it takes a little too much cpu on my computer...
Nice gui, nice presets with fine hipass filters and some good subs anyway !
Yes, MLX2 is a lot less raw/distorted - it's really not meant as a replacement of the original - it's better for smoother, fatter basses rather than gnarly distorted ones I reckon.

I'm making a lower-cpu version with less options (superbasstation layout, which is what ML1 was based on).

..Still trying to build the mj harris bass-synth ;)

sk

Interesting opinion:

I mean most sequencers do the same thing, so buy the cheepest and spend the money on the soundcard and softsynths :).

Claus Larssen: "I mean most sequencers do the same thing, so buy the cheepest and spend the money on the soundcard and softsynths"

That's what I remember the most, too :D.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hi SK, I tried out Mainliner v2 last night but for some reason the sounds just didn't hit me in the gut, as I expected. And yes, I played the "low" notes as someone suggested. :-)

But seriously, I wonder if it's possible that you need a subwoofer or monitors with lots of bass-handling ability to appreciate Mainliner... on my 5" KRK monitors I hear a good amount of midrange and a bit of bass, but that bassbin dubstyle damage I was expectingm just wasn't there.... any tips or ideas???

kmvst wrote:on my 5" KRK monitors I hear a good amount of midrange and a bit of bass, but that bassbin dubstyle damage I was expectingm just wasn't there.... any tips or ideas???
you need a sub ... sounds super bassy here :hihi:

I don't have a sub - I monitor through a pair of passive Tannoy Reveals driven by ART SLA-1 Amp.. Things a'flappin here..

Return to “Instruments”