ScanSynthGL Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is surfing on sine waves

This is a seriously good synth! A real pleasure to tweak. I think you're on to a winner with this one, it sounds so rich and present.

Excellent. :ud:

Can't get this to run on my old comp... does it need SSE?

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but in energyXT no settings are remembered: on re-opening a song all the patch data is reset to default.

GREAT new synth though!!!!!!
FREE MUSIC NO MONEY DOWN
http://joeyhoney.blogspot.com/

Here are 28 presets made with a beta of scansynthgl by smart electronix and they are free. You need Orion to read these presets because they are saved in prs-format.

DOWNLOAD:
http://sola.giana-brotherz.com/Presets/ ... resets.zip

This synth is good for drum and bass and very friendly to the cpu.

ScansynthGL works fine for me using Ableton Live 5.2, saving/loading presets in fxp format is fine. Settings in a project are properly remembered. No problems encountered except for occasional "duds". Live complains about ScansynthGL not being a valid VST sometimes. Every now and then the graphics misbehaves (parameter panel staying blank).
Otherwise this is a great synth which often "forces" me to explore its sonic possibilities for hours.
Well done, mdsp. Keep it going!

More fun than my lava lamp!

I notice the dispaly stops when I adjust parameters :(

The wave is so fun to watch. Where does that non-symetry creep in? It's beautiful :love:

wow. try dragging your mouse on the wave! :wow:

This is awesome. Working fine in FLStudio for me. :) I can't wait to see what this kind of thing evolves into, the possibilities are making me dizzy.

Any chance in getting an effects version? Would love to put samples through this...

OzoneJunkie wrote:Any chance in getting an effects version? Would love to put samples through this...
You mean something like this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=106

speccyteccy wrote:
OzoneJunkie wrote:Any chance in getting an effects version? Would love to put samples through this...
You mean something like this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=106
With the new GUI. Using the wave display to influence various parameters. Maybe not an effects version so much as a input controller version. I don't know...

nice sound, easy to program, fun to watch
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

I'm really eager to see the next version of this great synth.
Maybe there are some of my suggestions for improvement incorporated.
My ideas are as follows:

- Flexible clipping: Have the "capping" of velocity and acceleration not just on and off but these parameters being capped to a user supplied value between 0 (or a very low value) and infinity (this is similar to "off" in the current version).
- Retrigger intensity: possibility to mix the "old" wave and the hammer impulse when retriggering instead of just ignoring the retrigger (retrigger off) or replacing the "old" wave by the hammer impulse (retrigger on).
- Refined "hammering": possibility to "hammer" using symmetrized waves to circumvent DC offset problems or even use a part of a wav file as a hammer impulse shape.
By symmetrized waves I mean the following:
Gauss shaped impulse as of now:

Code: Select all

_/\_
Symmetrized Gauss impulse:

Code: Select all

_/\_  _
    \/
Now for some "modulation matrix"-like features:

- Possibility to attach hammer impulse width to note number and velocity in a configurable way.
- Possibility to attach retrigger intensity (see above) to velocity in a configurable way.
- Possibility to attach other parameters (mass, force etc.) to note number, velocity and controllers.

These are sorted by (in my opinion) usefulness vs. required coding effort.

What do other readers think about my suggestions?

Return to “Instruments”