PayPal or what?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Tunes wrote:I asked this before with no response but what are you guys using to sell digital downloads? You know, a paypal IPN program that locks your links?
Yes, we have made PHP scripts that handle that using the IPN call from PayPal. At theyre site, they even offer free PHP/Java/... scripts to help. Is very easy to setup, but takes some hours to understand.

Wk

I adore Paypal and I wish everyone would use it as it allows people without a credit card from practically all over the world to use their bank account as funding.

Ok so yes I use my CC with it too sometimes but really, I can link it with my bank and have no interest charges. cool.

their CS has always been responsive in time but a bit thick giving you generic responses to a problem. About the worst part of it I think, although the third time I replied someone really in the know sent me an email and cleared everything up.

All in all, it's cool.

Thanks all.
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

I use paypal all the time and the only thing I don't like about it is the fees, they seem really high imo. Of course if you are buying fees don't matter.

WilliamK wrote:
Mr. Tunes wrote:I asked this before with no response but what are you guys using to sell digital downloads? You know, a paypal IPN program that locks your links?
Yes, we have made PHP scripts that handle that using the IPN call from PayPal. At theyre site, they even offer free PHP/Java/... scripts to help. Is very easy to setup, but takes some hours to understand.

Wk
I use free zen cart server software (www.zencart.com). It lets you link up with your paypal account and do both digital downloads and regular shipping. I sell my albums (both physical and downloads) with it. www.sgxmusic.com/buy/

Paypal's been pretty good for me. I have some weird problem where something got messed up linking my Paypal account to my bank checking account, so now it is impossible to do so unless I get my bank to do something about it. Paypal can still just send me checks though, so that works.

Return to “Instruments”