Whatever happened to Novation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote:Isn't that VSTi a little outdated now? I don't think it does much unique at this stage, but maybe I'm wrong.
I can see that the basic structure of the synth isn't anything amazing, but to my ears it sounds very warm and....sigh....analogue(sorry). That is to say, just a very fat, creamy sound and the filters are nice.

I'm fiddlijng with the demo version now and some of the bass patches coulod give you a bloody nose!! They've got boot and no mistake. Perhaps not a world beating synth given the endless choices these days, but for download at 55 Euro its very appealing to me anyway.

quincy wrote:
bduffy wrote:Isn't that VSTi a little outdated now? I don't think it does much unique at this stage, but maybe I'm wrong.
I can see that the basic structure of the synth isn't anything amazing, but to my ears it sounds very warm and....sigh....analogue(sorry). That is to say, just a very fat, creamy sound and the filters are nice.

I'm fiddlijng with the demo version now and some of the bass patches coulod give you a bloody nose!! They've got boot and no mistake. Perhaps not a world beating synth given the endless choices these days, but for download at 55 Euro its very appealing to me anyway.
I'll have to check out the demo again. I remember being underwhelmed, but I know it's popular. Hell, I still use PPG Wave 2.2 and Triangle! :lol:

Hey, thanx for that Thomann link...I'd never heard of that before...fantastic prices there if you can buy download versions.

Peace
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

the download version is only v-station, but the prices are really nice :). but software is in usa very cheap i think, had a look to sony acid, this is in germany much more expensive

mäxchen wrote:the download version is only v-station, but the prices are really nice :). but software is in usa very cheap i think, had a look to sony acid, this is in germany much more expensive
No, the cheapest I could find V-Station in the states, so far, was $229.00!

FYI: It says download only, but they send it to you on a CDR with a card that has the serial on it.. so, it's not as convenient as you might think.. but the price is nice :)
----------
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. ~Mahatma Gandhi

It seems like Novation worked together with Focusrite for the controller of the Liquid Mix. It'd be neat to see them incorporating that same concept into the synth side, such as a firewire DSP/controller thing that uses dynamic convolution for filters. I've never been a huge fan of Novation synths, their effect-laden sound has always seemed geared towards trance, but something like that could be really, really cool.

okok, my english is very bad. the download version of vstaton is in germany at thomann very cheap. but other software is in usa cheaper than in germany. one reason is tax. but there are other reasons i think.

Uncle E wrote: I've never been a huge fan of Novation synths, their effect-laden sound has always seemed geared towards trance, but something like that could be really, really cool.

I don't think anything does unison quite like the Novations.

I have an X-Station, and I always demo the sounds without FX.

Downloaded alot of banks and was very surprised at the versatility of it.

They can do many types of sounds, but seem to really shine at thick basses and analog emulations.

*And when I say thick basses, I mean Nitzer-Ebb "Belief" type of rudeness :troll:

The Novation midi controllers look fantastic. The New RemoteSL series. One thing I wish is that they would add polyphonic aftertouch then I would buy one for sure. Likely buy the SL 61 anyway.

Bassballjg wrote:I can't and won't speak for John, but in the US, shrugged shoulders most typically means "I don't know".
I would say the shrug means "I don't know, and I don't really care".
Last edited by Warmonger on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you would.. but I wouldnt.

:shrug:

Bassballjg wrote:
putte wrote:
John Vulich wrote::shrug:
.. OT: on my everlasting quest on understanding john's use of emoticons i hereby ask: what is that shrug for now? .. :hihi:
I can't and won't speak for John, but in the US, shrugged shoulders most typically means "I don't know". Gestures do change meaning from culture to culture, and emoticons can be tremendously ambiguous at times, but in context of the thead title, and given that John is an American, that's how I read it.
.. of course i know what shrugged shoulders mean. what i meant was why john "answered" with this .. i mean, imagine me opening a thread asking a question and someone would just write "sorry, dont know the answer". what would it help? .. :lol:

putte

putte wrote:
Bassballjg wrote:
putte wrote:
John Vulich wrote::shrug:
.. OT: on my everlasting quest on understanding john's use of emoticons i hereby ask: what is that shrug for now? .. :hihi:
I can't and won't speak for John, but in the US, shrugged shoulders most typically means "I don't know". Gestures do change meaning from culture to culture, and emoticons can be tremendously ambiguous at times, but in context of the thead title, and given that John is an American, that's how I read it.
.. of course i know what shrugged shoulders mean. what i meant was why john "answered" with this .. i mean, imagine me opening a thread asking a question and someone would just write "sorry, dont know the answer". what would it help? .. :lol:

putte
it would help, cos you wqould know not to ask him that question again in the future :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”