Boris K Spheres not working

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Did anyone try Spheres. I have the same problem I had with Needle. No sound on most of the presets.
Am I the only one?

Perhaps you are. It works really fine. And I think you mean Meddle I or II and not "Needle". They work fine as well. Step through the presets and tweak the knobs! Very good sounds.
The source of light is darkness

When I tried Meddle (1) there was no sound from the oscillators, only the noise gen on my system, which made it appear that only some presets worked. This may be the problem that you had also. I never did get to the bottom of it. All of Boris' other synths work fine though and are my most valued freeware for sure.

totolitoto, you ain't alone!
i'm getting weird behavior from Spheres as well; on about 80% of the presets- the only thing that comes out is sort of a flat f4 note. I can tell that the preset "structure" is intact, since there is "motion" in the way of filter/gate action that would have been written into the preset if it were playing correctly, but it's like the wavetable isn't loading up right for some presets :shrug:
For the ones that DO work, Spheres sounds amazing...but I'd like to have more functionality before paying...and I *will* buy it if it's fixed...or if someone can figure out why it's not working on some systems...

These plugins look cool, kind of make some cool sounds, but yeah: I get the super-quiet/soundless presets too.

anyone else still hearing/seeing problems with Spheres after this week's update? Like before, I'm getting the weirdness...it's like there is a wavetable problem...or something?!? In the example posted, I'm just cycling thru the first 17 presets. As you can hear, some are just fine. for others, like I said in my post from April 28:
- the only thing that comes out is sort of a flat f4 note. I can tell that the preset "structure" is intact, since there is "motion" in the way of filter/gate action that would have been written into the preset if it were playing correctly
same behavior in Chainer, eXT 1.4, Audiomulch 1.0, Live 5.0.2, FL 6.0.8...
anyone else getting this sort of thing?

I dlded today (14th) and Sphere 1 for example makes just one simple tone (in V-Stack, Cubase and Chainer)!

Sphere works great for me. I am going to buy it.
Meddle 1 and 2 usually work, but ocasionally there is a glitch that was described above, ie: flat f4 note. Bt it works most of the time. I am very interested in Meddle 2 after messing with the demo for a while. I like it alot :D:D:D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

works fine here, but like all other borisk synth, the presets are too "short".
and boris should come here to promote his products :)

Yeah, I find he keeps cranking out the same thing. Kind of cool sounds, cool interface, but nothing really useable. It's too bad he doesn't poke his head in here to discuss them. :shrug:

All Boris-Plugs work fine for me. They all can make very deep, full, phat and usable sounds.

Is it possible that these synths make use of Synth Edit being installed on people's HD's? I mean there's a distinct difference between users; either the shit works, or it doesn't, and those it doesn't work for all have the same problems..Diverseheat, do you have SE installed on your system?
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

None of them is actually really finished I find. Has someone tried to automate them for example ? There is no specific names for the automatable parameters so it is a nightmare to find out what is what if you want to automate them.

I agree he should come here and discuss his synths a little bit from time to time as he is not bad at english apparently, he understood and answered properly an email I sent to him sometimes ago.

Sickle wrote:Is it possible that these synths make use of Synth Edit being installed on people's HD's? I mean there's a distinct difference between users; either the shit works, or it doesn't, and those it doesn't work for all have the same problems..Diverseheat, do you have SE installed on your system?
No, I don't have SE. I wonder where the diffences are, too. I remember some months ago much people here had probs to get a right tune out of Meddle I. I made some presets and showed them that it works. I don't know why it's so strange. Perhaps the synths are really not finished at all. And relating to the software on your PC probs appear here and there. Sounds eventually like some kind of Voodoo...

Return to “Instruments”