tambourine shake

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone, a quick question for all, Im programming some backing tracks and Im in need of some percussion. I dont do alot with drumming in my tracks as there is not much need for it, but I am trying to accomplish a shaking tambourine. Can anyone recommend the way to do this or any plugins that can help?

Thank you

get some samples first, either an empty tamb, or one with a skin.

prog some notes, say evry other 1/16th. humanise/offset very slightly and adjust vel of ech one, so harder ones are on the beat and adjust to taste.

keep vol low, even at low vol they cut thru a mix.

a LOT of synths can do good tamb noises - need somethnig with noise, pref. 'rough noise,' like cross-mod oscs you can drive into grittyness.. and perhaps two filters. some high end, but a nice high-Q resonant peak somewhere in the mids. depending on the mix can be more convincing than the real :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Thank you for the tips guys, 1 question, I was looking at some plugins, would this be something I could accomplish with the DR 008 or BFD?

you dont need something as complex as those, but they would do it.

If you've got a sequencer of any kind, just fill it up with repeating tamborines to the tempo of your song, and randomize the volume, res, and cutoff of each tamb hit. You may even want to play with the panning to give it a more widespread feel, or use a 2 or 3 different tamb samples to give it more variation.
Lookin 4 Beats???
Holla Atcha Boi!!!
www.myspace.com/phukdup

Return to “Instruments”