In need of a very special "instrument"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a program that allows me to draw a waveform by hand, the same way you would draw lines in a painting program or lines in a CAD program. Even better would be a program that takes an image and turns it into a waveform, or a program that takes a CAD drawing and turns it into a waveform. Does anything like this exist? Thank you for any help.

I've found SplineSynth which is a good alike-ness to what I am looking for (in functionality) but other then that I have hit 0.

Audacity will alow you to edit a sample at the sample level which means you can create shapes, but I too would like an app that can really 'draw' CAD-like wave shapes for special applications.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1731.html
Is another one i know of

Thanks

Curve is cool but the waves are internal.
Rndwave looks interesting. Depends on how much control you have in drawing or if you are constrained to the rules of normal audio waves.

Will take a looksee :-)

Curve is really cool! If it did Spline based interpolation along with Cubic it would be exactly what I was looking for.

I have tried Rndwave before and I think it just generates a bunch of random waveforms based on math formulas or wavetables. That is a cool program also but doesn't let you draw waves.

Draw waveshapes? With Oatmeal you can do that in the wave editor. You can draw the most convoluted waves you've ever dreamed of. In the oscillator section you select one of the 2 "USER" modes and then click on "EDIT" just below that button. Then in the bottom graphic panel you can either manipulate the individual harmonic-overtones (additive style) or you can toggle to the wavedraw mode.

Try the "RANDOM" button and keep pushing it until you see either of the oscillators display a "USER" wave, and take a look at these weird waveforms. :D
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

Something like this?: http://www.sonorouscodes.net/

camsr wrote:I'm looking for a program that allows me to draw a waveform by hand [...]

Return to “Instruments”