Effector 13 VST synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else had a look at this?

Noticed the other day on their forum that they were considering going VST. I was hoping they'd make effects similar in spirit to their pedals, but they've gone synth. Only $10. On a hunch (based on things in the GUI), I'm guessing it was made in Synthmaker, so heads up Synthmaker aficionados.

Not being big on the synths these days, and judging from the sound clips, not my thing, but for those for whom it might be, I post. :)

No demo... :shrug:

Would there really be any value in having one? At such a low price point, I doubt a demo would be the deal clincher. Most downloads would be just passers-by disinclined to actually buy the thing.

Well, as a KVR plugin-junkie, I've seen a million cheap-to-free synths; why would I buy this without hearing it? Especially with a caveat like "Because this is our very first forray into soft-synth creation, it might be a little quirky in some areas".

But yeah, if you're feeling generous...I guess!

their effect pedals kick all sorts of ass

i wonder about this synth...

they has committed to providing updates for it.. time will tell

i'm also not very into synth plugins these days, was hoping for fx as well, but if i hear anything good about this synth i'm sure at that price i'll pick it up

bduffy wrote:Well, as a KVR plugin-junkie, I've seen a million cheap-to-free synths; why would I buy this without hearing it?
That's my point though, there's a good chance you wouldn't buy it any way, so a demo is just used up bandwidth really. There are ten or so sound clips there, give you a pretty good idea of what it sounds like (which personally, don't do much for me).

shamann wrote:
bduffy wrote:Well, as a KVR plugin-junkie, I've seen a million cheap-to-free synths; why would I buy this without hearing it?
That's my point though, there's a good chance you wouldn't buy it any way, so a demo is just used up bandwidth really. There are ten or so sound clips there, give you a pretty good idea of what it sounds like (which personally, don't do much for me).
OMG, I didn't see those links (not the best presentation either!). Yep, pretty lame, Milhouse. :lol:

Oh well, I wish them all the best. Seems to me they'd be better off coding a distortion effect and branding it. :shrug:

It looks like a pretty standard synth. And it has a Synthmaker look to it; it might actually pack a nice punch, but not much more than the Ilosynth I imagine. The guy struggled to make a synth and feels he should be compensated. That's fair enough, except VST land is quite saturated with the simpler stuff. I'd still try it, junkie that I am. :D

Well, I think Sammy Synth was a bit of a bust. But I kind of like the idea of this new custom modular thing of theirs. No sound clips yet, and in need of more modules, but a fun idea.

Hmmmm....I dunno, looks like a half-assed KarmaFX Synth to me. And considering it's Synthmaker you could, well, just make your own! :D

all the presets sounded the same

bduffy wrote:Hmmmm....I dunno, looks like a half-assed KarmaFX Synth to me. And considering it's Synthmaker you could, well, just make your own! :D
Given the complexity capable within Synthmaker, saying that about C++ would be paramount to the same thing.

I kind of like the idea of the modular. It isn't an actual modular environment like KarmaFX. It's bespoke synthesizers.

You request custom configurations of the available modules and pay a small sum for that custom configuration. Once they get some more processors and effects on the list, it might be a fun thing: here's twenty bucks, make a synth like this, and I'd like it in blue please.

mmhm, no demo online...too bad...cya

tro

I love that modular idea! It's a great way to get a cheap configuration of what you want. Once there's more modules it'll be very cool I think.

shamann wrote:
bduffy wrote:Hmmmm....I dunno, looks like a half-assed KarmaFX Synth to me. And considering it's Synthmaker you could, well, just make your own! :D
Given the complexity capable within Synthmaker, saying that about C++ would be paramount to the same thing.
Right...I knew that.. :D

Sorry, I thought Synthmaker was like SynthEdit.

Return to “Instruments”