AlgoMusic presents M42 Nebula Version 2 !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karmacomposer wrote:Tim,

I would really like to have a talk with you, one on one (well, internet wise or phone wise) and pick your M42 brain. I want to learn every nuance of the M42 so Spiral and other products I plan on releasing (as well as helping others with their presets) will be state-of-the-preset-design-art.

You have so much to teach and I have still so much to learn. I know you are very busy, but maybe on a croissant break (he he he) you and I can converse?

Feel free to PM or email me any time you wish.

Mike
Not a problem. If you want to have discussions on the AlgoMusic forum, that would be cool as well. Why keep it a secret??

lol - you got it.

Mike

so..anyone try the demo??
( OK..an excuse to bump , but as good as excuse as any as it's a valid Q)

or

Who has M42 AND M51 and like it?

Tim

I've not tried M51 yet. What's the difference with M42 ?

Today is the first day I have gotten to play around with it. To be honest I am very happy. CPU load is less than I expected. Much less than Albino 3 in simular sounds. That is a surprise. On most patches a 5 note chord seems to register an 8-10 percent CPU load increase on my system within Sonar 5PE. (P4 3.2 desktop with 2 Gig of RAM.)

One thing I notce in M42 that I wish more synths did, playing a note over and over does not pile up the polyphony and thus raise the CPU demands. M42 works like a piano or organ. Play the same chord over and over one a piano with the sustain pedal down and each chord uses the name notes of polyphony. (You are hitting the same strings over and over which ring and make sound.) In Albino, Blue or Deminsion when you hit the same chord over and over the polyphony piles up and the CPU load can get very high. VERY high. This is very inefficient if you are playing moving chords or an arp with sustain.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Kermit Jagger wrote:I've not tried M51 yet. What's the difference with M42 ?
well..theres quite a bit of differeance. First, M51 is all synthesis, and not samples. It used Phase Distortion as well as FM and VA. It also has 8 stage GRAPHIC envelopes for tweaking, and you can actually save an envelope after you tweak it as a seperate file. You also have 2 WARPS that you can actually record your mouse gestures in, save it as a file, and call it up anytime. It also has a trance gate.Lots more..thats just for starters.

However, it has the same modulation matrix and possabilities of the M42, so you can create SEQ and TOTEMs with it as well, but with a new type of sound.

I suggest downloading the demo( which we just updated) and check it out for yourself.

Tim

Thanks, I will as soon as I have the time.

Return to “Instruments”