VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

while looking at the site for gear box

http://line6.com/gearbox_plugin/

I saw this coming too

http://line6.com/toneport/kb37.html

:shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I know. That keyboard looks awesome. If I was in the market for a new midi keyboard/audio interface, I would be drooling.

stupid idiots.

one of these days, the entire world is going to kick itself in the nuts for not realising that pitch wheels are more or less useless in comparison to clavia's spring mounted pitch stick. you don't have to copy it ewxactly, but innovate! refine!

just you wait! one day you'll find out, then you'll say how i was right and you were all wrong all along and then you'll be sorry! i mean.. this is marketed at guitar players, right?!

(no, it really does kill me every time someone tries to market a new, comparatively useless controller. basically it kills me because the only way to get one is to pay clavia prices :p)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I like pitch wheels :shrug:

In fact I want a midi controller that is something like 8 modwheels and 8 special modwheels that return to the center like pitch wheels.

he's right though

the wooden pitch stick on the clavia is just so so great

it's the only thing i really envy about clavia instruments (they are damn fun instruments to play all-around though)

but seriously, if you've never taken one for a spin, don't miss it

edit: with the rounded-out indent for your finger to sit and roll in, yummy hehe

ill play with one next time Im in guitar center

The Chase wrote:I like pitch wheels :shrug:
ahahaha, i forgive you this because you do not know.. pearls before swine it is.. ahahaha.. :cry:

"they're actually good for more than sounding like prince"
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I had a nord lead 2 back in 99 or so, and I personally HATED the pitch stick... But, I havent had the nord in years now, so mebbe it was my problem and not clavias...

Hink wrote:while looking at the site for gear box

http://line6.com/gearbox_plugin/

I saw this coming too

http://line6.com/toneport/kb37.html

:shrug:
I believe this is ugly..very ugly. As one guy on a blog said: It's like the designer had no idea about how a control keyboard looks. It's a kitch fusion.. As for Clavia's pitch stick..can anyone explain to me, for what reason is better than a pitch wheel? I've tried it and i found it uncomfortable and a little difficult to bend..
It's more fun to compute..

Yeah, that thing's hella ugly. But it's still a good investment for that "all in one" kind of vibe, since it's one of the few compact keyboards around with a frickin' expression pedal input.

Is the pitch stick like that in the Edirol PCR series? I like it.

Greg

Never heard about this clavia spring mounted pitch stick. Thanks for the information, xoxos. And here's a picture I just found, Greg

What the hell...? No, that's not quite the same as the PCR, but it might work in a similar way. I dunno. The PCR is a combo stick/wheel.

Lunch Money wrote:What the hell...? No, that's not quite the same as the PCR, but it might work in a similar way. I dunno. The PCR is a combo stick/wheel.
Maybe this is not even what xoxos means :) , I just searched for pics to understand whatthis thread is about. And thanks for the PCR-info, such things make KVR a good place for me. (One of these days I'll pm you because of some pickup-question I have with my guitar)

pitch stick has no 'center detent'

if you've ever been unfortunate enough to drive a vehicle with a loose steering wheel with ~ a 6" dead spot in the middle.. any time you want to steer very slightly left or right you have to manically twist the wheel back and forth.

same thing - the 'dead' spot makes very subtle vibrato difficult and unnatural since you have to skate over a nonreactive arc. with the pitch stick, a slight movement is directly transferred to pitch events.

oc s.a.p. if you're using pitch for dramatic 'prince keyboard' effects where you jam it up 1 octave, maybe you want the stick, but for any kind of acoustic vibrato performance it's got it so licked it's just pitiful.

pitiful.

Heh, I missed the ironic sarcasm earlier, and thought that you actually liked it. ;) Klemperer, feel free to PM and I'll either have the answer for you or will track it down.

Greg

Return to “Instruments”