Anyone who uses RM IV with Tracktion - quick question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just installed Tracktion 2 and have been trying to figure out how to open RM IV. Is the version bundled with T2 full or lite? After installation, the only folders are for 'grooves' and 'kits', but there seems to be no way to open the instrument itself, to create and preview beats. Any suggestions from an experienced user would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

It may seem like a dumb question, but which version do you have? It only comes with the boxed version. And it's on a separate CD then the T2 installation. So you have to install it separately.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Hi Brent,

I have the boxed version, and have been using the RM IV dedicated CD to install it. Strangely, after installing it (and the compressed zip folders) to the Traction 2 plugin folder, there are only the following elements: the 'kits' and 'grooves' folders; a .dll file; and an 'uninstall RMIV' icon. I am confused as to whether I need to open the application while Tracktion is running, or if it should open independently, and if so, how.

Thanks,

Steve

drag the "filter" button to a track then let go, a list should come up, in that list hopefully you will be able to choose RMIV

HTH

:)

Subz

tombombadil7 wrote:Hi Brent,

I have the boxed version, and have been using the RM IV dedicated CD to install it. Strangely, after installing it (and the compressed zip folders) to the Traction 2 plugin folder, there are only the following elements: the 'kits' and 'grooves' folders; a .dll file; and an 'uninstall RMIV' icon. I am confused as to whether I need to open the application while Tracktion is running, or if it should open independently, and if so, how.

Thanks,

Steve
Linplug RMIV is a vsti instrument-open it like you do any other in Tracktion.

Ok, I didn't know if it actually got installed or not. But apparently it did. So yeah, try dragging the filter icon.

I wonder if he has even tried that? He made another post in the Linplug forums.

Brent

Sorry Brent, I didn't see these replies--I thought I had selected to get an automatic email when a reply was posted and missed all of these. Thanks to Brent and all for the assistance.

I am a seasoned musician but new to digital recording, so please pardon the newbie questions :). I was just trying to see if there was a way to scroll through RM IV's pre-made beats without having to actually have Tracktion open.

OHHHHH!!! No, I don't think so. They are kind of MIDI files, but I don't think they will open just anywhere. And the RMIV in Tracktion doesn't come as standalone. So yeah, you would have to have Tracktion open.

And it's alright. I miss things all the time in the forums. It's ok that you posted elsewhere. I just didn't know if you had seen them! Sorry we couldn't help more!

Brent

Return to “Instruments”