What do I need that I don't already have?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I have $200 of birthday money burning a hole in my pocket. I just don't know what to spend it on.

I currently have Live 5 (and Operator), Reaktor 5 (and Electronic Instruments 1 & 2), Absynth 3 (and Absynth Sounds 1), Kontakt 2 (and Kontakt Experience), Guitar Rig 2, Kore, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus RMX, Korg Legacy Collection, MOTU Symphonic Instrument, Wusikstation 2, Drumkit from Hell 2, Reason 3, and Reason Drum Kits, as well as various hardware. While that is already probably too much, is there still something that I am missing - something that I just cannot live without, all for the low, low price of $200 or less? I enjoy making all kinds of music, from indie to metal to all forms of electronica to whatever.

I'm looking at Albino 3, Blue, Rapture, maybe Vanguard, as well as the Biolabs Absynth Research Sounds vol. 1-6. Maybe some MIDI drum beats from Groove Monkee. I really have no idea. Do any of those fill some void in my current library? Maybe there is something else out there that I haven't yet considered?
Last edited by Arpeggio on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zebra 2 ?
If i were in the buying mood that's what i'd get.

Ohmforce FX

Anything of the Kjaerhus Golden series...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Invest it in a Roth IRA fund? :shrug:

With that pile of instruments I'd get some sweet FX.. I'm getting the camel FX myself. :)

You have everything you need, start makimg music ;)

A good microphone?
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.

Are you really missing anything? Not really. If you really want to buy something, go off and demo those products you've listed. I've got pretty much everything you've got plus the stuff you want. Really depends on your TASTE than me making a simple recommendation. Everything you want are excellent choices.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Get a Kaos 2 pad.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I would focus on audio effects: a good EQ (many out there--Kjaerhus, Voxengo, PSP), a Convoltion Reverb (Voxengo's Pristine Space is great) and an IR collection (Spirit Canyon) and maybe a basic mastering suite (Voxengo, Ozone 3, PSP, Kjaerhus, T-RackS--mix and match to taste).

I'll second Albino 3 and Zebra 2 as additional instruments.

Good luck--nice kit.

Yeah, get some nice FX or an EQ or something. If you don't need any of that... get Albino 3! :love:
Mizutaphile.

Blue.
Toxic III. (on sale for $59 right now)
Ozone or Trash.

save your money ;)
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

hire a hooker :D

Return to “Instruments”