READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO TRY toxic3 DEMO

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vonbrucken wrote:NO IT IS FALSE I HAVE UNINSTALL SUCESSFULLY TOXIC 3 FROM MY COMPUTER WITH THE DEMO from image line it worked the demo was in
c://programfiles/vstplugins/toxic3/ and it has not deleted all my vst i have done it just now !!
so the moderator could he delete this thread please ? :hihi:
Yes, if you put it into it's own directory.

However, if you install it in a directory with other plugins (say, C:\Program Files\Vstplugins) it may remove everything there, which I think is what the OP is suggesting (and I'm not going to try it out for shits and giggles).

now that i said that i can re install toxi 3 and play with it
some people should quit on using computers those days :hihi:

Vonbrucken wrote:NO IT IS FALSE I HAVE UNINSTALL SUCESSFULLY TOXIC 3 FROM MY COMPUTER WITH THE DEMO from image line it worked the demo was in
c://programfiles/vstplugins/toxic3/ and it has not deleted all my vst i have done it just now !!
wtf ????

for info - reflex says that there is now a new installer up which fixes the problem

I will edit my original post

I will also hunt down and strangle Vonbrucken :razz:

Reverse Engineer wrote:
Debutante wrote:...I dont think System Restore such recovers deleted files, I think it simply reinstates the Windows architecture to what it was before. I've used it before and didn't see some saved projects I'd just deleted restored. Maybe system ones, but I don't think other kinds :shrug:
You know, i'd only recommend using windows restore to people i don't like. :P So many people have the completely wrong idea of what it does (you yourself know though). Some people seem to think it backs up your entire windows install and all apps therein, and when you press to restore it magically reinstalls them all :lol: nutters. It's for fixing WINDOWS, nothing else, and it doesn't even do that well.
That's what I thought. From using Recover My Files it appears that deleted files are often still available in a hidden folder you've all probably seen called RECYCLER\S-1-5... something or other. I've always wondered exactly what that file was for. Someone here with super-tech know-how can elaborate on that. If you haven't overwritten anything, I HIGHLY recommend this program. It's good to have regardless.

scuzzphut wrote:
wtf ????

for info - reflex says that there is now a new installer up which fixes the problem

I will edit my original post

I will also hunt down and strangle Vonbrucken :razz:
hehe catch me if you can i run fast :hihi: :hihi:
and btw the way your gate vst could be of some help and i also purchased UBERGATE from electronic sounds nice work !

ok - so all is well that ends well

Imageline have fixed the installer (those of you who have the demo installed already still need to watch out, though !!! )

I have managed to recover most of my files (2-3 hours later :-( ) using a free utility called Officerecovery Freeundelete

I will be a lot more careful where I install demos in future :-o

Me and Vonbrucken are pals again :D

by the way no new gating vst in prevision ? :roll: :)

scuzzphut wrote:ok - so all is well that ends well

Imageline have fixed the installer (those of you who have the demo installed already still need to watch out, though !!! )

I have managed to recover most of my files (2-3 hours later :-( ) using a free utility called Officerecovery Freeundelete

I will be a lot more careful where I install demos in future :-o

Me and Vonbrucken are pals again :D
Does that mean if I install the new toxic demo over the dodgy one then it will uninstall correctly? :?

I would think so, but make a backup to be sure. ;)

If there is a system restore point made before the demo installer removed your vst folder then it will take you back in time like it was before. You will still be left with the task of removing the toxic demo. If you have not done anything to try and recover your deleted files I would suggest you take a look at using sytem restore. If you need some guidance pm me and I'll walk you through it. we can even IM about it.

Thomas

You know what though, i wonder if anyone would be mad enough to install vst into their c: drive........oh my...that's gonna hurt :cry: :lol:

there was this free software called rest2541 by kato or someone japanese. I still use it, but its page been taken down. I've mirrored it temporarily to BLEECH!(200KB). :D

It IS on the net, I just mistyped the letters 2514 -> 2541 :P

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlrestoration.html
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Reverse Engineer wrote:You know what though, i wonder if anyone would be mad enough to install vst into their c: drive........oh my...that's gonna hurt :cry: :lol:
OMFG. Wow, I realize that the Toxic devs just made a simple mistake (and as we all know that can have far-reaching consequences on a PC) but damn I hope that didn't happen to anyone.

Return to “Instruments”