Whistler - "My Dream App"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

has anybody seen this? It looks pretty interesting actually.

its a competition to develop a "dream app." This guy, Richard Whitelock is working on this plugin, "Whistler" and has made it to the 3rd round so far...

http://mydreamapp.com/contestants/view/ ... whitelock/

we talk alot here about production technique, etc... Whitelock seems to be addressing the more difficult side of production....inspiration. a really interesting discussion is in store, i would think.

aakash

This seriously reminds me of the Onyx Orchestrator which never really worked for me (and was standalone rather than VST), so this "idea" sure isn't new to have a "computer brain" that helps you in terms of inspiration after you gave it some parameters.

Best examples as of now would be Jamstix, IMO the best "brain" in terms of "realistic sounding" drumming I know. Or RealGuitar 2 with the Pattern Libary...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

yeah, i just discovered this, so i am just reading through some of his ideas....clearly, much of this stuff has been done before, and similiar concepts have been proposed and developed. In order for this to work, i would think it has much to do with how intuitive it is, and organic it is. This should in turn correlate to what kind of real-time results one can expect.

still, the quality of design looks yummy to me....the idea is attractive...and i look forward to giving him some of my input in the forums...

If it's not mac only, and ones can actually use it on a VST basis, I'm eager to test it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Your main problem is inspiration?

Then you're not a musician.

runagate wrote:Your main problem is inspiration?

hey, you're right!

:bang:

do teach me the ways.

i know nobody cares (because everyone is already overflowing with inspiration), but here is an update:

http://www.stratfordisland.com/whistler/
Last edited by aaaaaakash on Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thats not true at all!!!

inspiration is the need of a composer or a songwriter --

you can still be a muscician and lack inspiration. Session guitarists for instance ;)
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

Jason Brian Merrill wrote:

thats not true at all!!!

you can still be a muscician and lack inspiration. Session guitarists for instance ;)
great! i can go back to making music again! hehe, thanks. :wink:

Jason Brian Merrill wrote:

thats not true at all!!!

Ouch, that's more coldblooded than what I said.
I actually felt bad enough not to go talk smack in the lyrics inspiration thread, though.

Lose the mac only bit and proprietary "I" software interconnects because it's not 1995 anymore and it seems like a good app.

Koldfire wrote:Lose the mac only bit and proprietary "I" software interconnects because it's not 1995 anymore and it seems like a good app.
haha, well, yes i think i agree with all of that.

Return to “Instruments”