Does Reaktor work well with dual core cpus?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using Live 6, and was thinking of getting a dual core.

Would Reaktor benefit?

In my humble experience EVERYTHING likes a Duo Core. Its the best chip I have ever used. You can feel it! (If the software "sees" it, that is.)

Well, the reason I ask is that I've heard from some people that Reaktor has problems with the dual cores, in terms of utilization. I.e., they were just getting the CPU usage as if they would have been only utilizing one of the cores. I need some firsthand experiance.

If your host supports it (which I believe Live 6 does), then each INSTANCE of the plug-in should go onto a separate core. A single plugin will NOT split between cores. Also, things like in Cubase SX 3, effects on a single channel ( up to 8 ) will all stack up on one core.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Every piece of software I've used in a dual-core machine, has been nothing but better.

I havn't used Reaktor, but in FL6, I did a little test, and I was able to run 30 instances of Sytrus simultaneously, completely smoothly.

I'm definitly going to be upgrading soon myself, I'm totally sold on the technology.

Return to “Instruments”