Looking to buy... Native Instruments, good or bad to own?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FWIW, I've had my ups and downs with NI as a company. Their marketing strategies over the past couple of years have been downright nonsensical. However, I love their instruments. I just got the Komplete 4 upgrade. Totally worth it JUST FOR BATTERY and FM8. In fact, I can't stop noodling around with FM8. Amazing stuff. The new preset browsers make it a lot easier to find stuff. And, of course, the sound is fantastic.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

customer service is much better
i asked for my KC06 Komplete4 update delivery and coupon and got very fast replies to my mails.
oz

A few years ago when I started using NI products, I hit an occassional bug. But it's gotten much better. E.g. I use Reaktor often now and rarely hit issues.

I think price is a concern, since they really push their "service" model. BUT, I have to admin that they do give value yearly. This year, I thought they were going to screw everyone on KC2006, but they came through with 3 major upgrades at the end of year PLUS a free Komplete4 CD. This is great for those of us who previously had Komplete2!!

They're definately out to take money away from me, but I feel like I get value.

-Ido

I own reaktor 4 and have nevr had any problems. Even though i have had to resnstall on different windows installations at least 10 times.

pwtw

RJ Fielder wrote:Well their new stuff (FM8, etc.) only came out a week or two ago, plus I imagine they're holding off on demos to try and delay warez versions as long as possible.
It'll be out soon enough........probably sooner than any updates.....at least that seems to be the way history runs.

looks like i will be saving my bones for FM8. i think it is the one thing i 'need' to round out my setup.

Yeah, and I think you will be happy, despite what people say about me (cause they don't read) the products are basically kick ass..........

jasinski wrote:looks like i will be saving my bones for FM8. i think it is the one thing i 'need' to round out my setup.
I can not say enough good things about that guy..... Definitely worth every penny!

I listened to the fm8 and massiva demos on the website and i was very impressed! But first I need the bbattery 3 update! :hyper:

I don't own anything that's direct from NI but I have Vapor and Adrenaline, which are NI-based instruments. The C/R was simple and worked out of the box, they're pretty low CPU compared to a lot of stuff I own, and they work fine in most of my sequencers. Can't complain, but then, I haven't had to contact Customer Service and I expect it'll be like the time I tried to contact Roland customer service.. long waits, lots of bozos, many long-distance phone calls to get things settled. But what I have seems to be pretty bug-free (so far, touch wood).
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Return to “Instruments”