Battery 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

depends keyman, what part of your arsenal is Guru fulfilling for you?

multree wrote:
adj wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:Thanks. What do you mean by checking if my CPU is a problem one? Is there a list of CPUs that wont work with B3? For now, i'm not going to upgrade my RAM because i've already bought a lot of stuff this month. I'm almost broke. But maybe next year, i'll buy more ram. I'm going to try B3 demo. Lets see how good it is. :)
I think it's about the P4 Dual Core (I have one clocked to 3.6GHz). In a nutshell, the processor will continue to try and 'denormalise' high resolution audio until the calculations become so intense that there's a larger and larger use of the CPU, or 'CPU Spike'.

Some hosts like Traction have a 'dither' mode you can select that will take all audio tails (from big plugins and reverbs, etc.,) and insert noise at -300db or greater to stop the CPU from doing this.

For hosts that don't feature this option, you can insert a dithering plugin on the master buss (like Waves IDR, for example) which will do the same thing.

You can read more about that here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct02/a ... es1002.asp
don't confuse "dither" with "low level noise to avoid denormalisation"
From the article above:

"Alternatively, you could add a small continuous amount of dither noise to the audio so that signals never drop to this level..."

:shrug:

does anyone know how to convert the kit files to drm files for import into cubase drum maps

Sascha Franck wrote:IMO, GURU and Battery compliment each other nicely.
Agreed! In fact, I would probably expand the list. I routinely mix 3 or 4 different percussion apps together, of course it depends what kind of music you're making.
Image Image

Return to “Instruments”