Komplete 4 install issue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i recovered Pro 53 by downloading the latest update and including the install of the standalone
(it may have been an outdated exe for the standalone that caused all the problems)
now I don't need/use the standalone, but apparently the registration process is much happier with one that works

all's well that ends well
thanks ew for your support and suggestions
it's not easy when cratures like me find all sorts of way out of the box ways to make a mess of things

I'm glad you got it working.

I sent out an e-mail to a couple people about your K2 issue; hopefully I'll hear a way for you to get Kompakt and Intakt back.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew,
I did get an e-mail from NI
Your product registration for PRO-53 has not been completed because you already registered this product.

The user account is active, however the access rights regarding PRO-53 have not yet been added to your account.

Please use the following user account for all additional registrations:
Username: nnnnnnnnnn[edited]
Password: xxxxxx[edited]
You may edit your user data at any time by using the registration form:
http://www.native-instruments.de/index.php?register_us
This may seem like useful information, but it tells me nothing. Pro 53 is not listed on the old web site -- i assume it's actually tucked inside Komplete 2 and Komplete 4
But as I said it is working now.

I don't really care to get Intakt and Kompakt working again.
but I do appreciate any insights on how this system operates.
I do like a clean system and it's a bit of a mess right now

Ouch :(

I sent out a link to this thread to a couple people who'd know what to do. Hopefully they'll either post here or send me something I can tell you.

ew
A spectral heretic...

I don't really have much grounds to complain. I brought the majority of these issues on myself.
I have a rough time anytime any system configuration is involved.
I can live with the state of things as they are since the things I want working are working.
Thanks for the continued support.

Still not got Reaktor to activate since the update. It's my main app - I really need it working.

i'm not sure my experience will apply, but my suggestion would be to re-install the latest update including the standalone version and when it asks if you want to start the app at end of install, agree.

in my case, a previous standalone prevented the proper alignment of registry, system, access, registration and authorization.

on updates, there doesn't appear to be any check that a previous standalone needs to be deleted when one chooses not to install a new standalone.

aside from that there seem to be several sets of conditions that get in the way of things working out with this new system. hope it gets sorted for you.

aMUSEd wrote:Still not got Reaktor to activate since the update. It's my main app - I really need it working.
I got mine to work by going back to the serial number from my original Komplete Care 2005 update, authorizing that one on my newer hardware, and then upgrading to 5.2. Service Center trashed several things for me. I had my Komplete 2 & 3 keyfiles but if you run the installer from either one of those it changes your serial numbers in the Windows registry. I had to do similar things for the Kontakt 2 and Guitar Rig 2 updates. I finally got everything to run as authorized on my hardware (even the included products from Komplete 4) but Service Center reports a few things as "Not Activated". It came down to copying and pasting from .xml files, exported registry keys, and an archived copy of my NI Registrations page. It was a Komplete pain so just "Bastards!". I'm not anticipating the batch of updates with glee.
Ben N. Moore

i had a similar serial number change with my Pro 53 issue. I got it to work going forward with the newer serial number by modifying the registry to agree with what the Service Center listed.
since the current system seems to require these sorts of edits and modifications and we (at least I) don't really have a clue as to how the new authorization/registration works and why it works, it seems very likely that those of us in trouble are just as likely to do things that don't help as things that do in our trial and error fumblings.
the best NI might be able to provide is some sort of guide to best practice recovery and certainly some advice on what not to do.

I don't consider completely removing all NI software from my hard drive and registry and then installing clean "fumbling". I'd assume that the software would just work then. I've still got issues with Reaktor, Guitar Rig, B4, and Kontakt. I don't really care all that much about B4, but I really want to use the other 3 programs.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

i got my K4 upgrade in today and i plan on installing tonight. considering the problems being discussed, what do i need to know to make this work?

i will be installing this on my new computer where the only piece of NI software its seen is massive. i did not move my K2 installation over to the new system because i figured it would be better to install K4 on a cleaner slate.

also, i own several NI format libraries, such as stormdrum and gpo, but i prefer to just use kontakt for the playback. do i need to install and register the bundled vst players again or will the libraries work on the new machine if i just transfer the sample folders?

similarly, what about the intakt and kompakt libraries? again, i dont need the vsts, but it would be nice to still have access to the samples.

i keep all my sample folders on an external drive and had no problems at all with Kompakt and Intakt libraries out there with Kontakt

i believe some, maybe many, perhaps all of those Kompakt driven sample 3rd party packages are encoded so that they do need the Kompakt player they shipped with. otherwise any old body could disconnect the samples and spread them around

keep us posted as to what happens
only the first DVD installs synths/fx. all the others are sample libraries. i don't know why, but the install takes 20-30 minutes on my system to bring the install app up. so don't panic if it seems like it's taking forever to come up.
i would think a clean system with a working Service Center from the Massive install should be among the easiest conditions.
good luck

[duplicate post]

ugo wrote:i got my K4 upgrade in today and i plan on installing tonight. considering the problems being discussed, what do i need to know to make this work?

i will be installing this on my new computer where the only piece of NI software its seen is massive. i did not move my K2 installation over to the new system because i figured it would be better to install K4 on a cleaner slate.
You will need to install the older version, since you have an upgrade, it will look for qualifying programs for the upgrade.
also, i own several NI format libraries, such as stormdrum and gpo, but i prefer to just use kontakt for the playback. do i need to install and register the bundled vst players again or will the libraries work on the new machine if i just transfer the sample folders?

similarly, what about the intakt and kompakt libraries? again, i dont need the vsts, but it would be nice to still have access to the samples.
You'll also need to install those, as the players will unlock the samples for Kontakt. Don't be surprised when ALL of those libraries show up in Service Center. :)
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

ok...it took all night but it looks like the installs are complete and everything is registered now. here's how it went...

- i did not have to install K2 on the new machine in order to register K4, i only had to install the K4 upgrade and run the registration on that. im guessing this was ok because it probably recognized my previous K2 install from my user account.

- the NI kompakt and intakt libraries from K2 will not run without having those vsts installed. so i would need to install the both of them, then run each vst once, in order to unlock those samples for use in kontakt again. i have not attempted to install those two from my K2 dvd yet since im kind of afraid to screw up my K4 install just for a few sample libraries that i probably dont really need now anyway. (my K2 is also an upgrade that required my original intakt purchase.) so i may not bother messing with those.

- just as with the NI libraries, the 3rd party NI format libraries also needed to have their vst's installed, registered, and run in order for their libraries to be used in kontakt. by the way, GPO was not recognized by the new service center program. i had to use the old registration tool to get that one working.

- speaking of the service center, outside of it not recognizing GPO, it worked great. everything was handled very smoothly and quickly, including updates.

- i ran into one bug so far. cubase was not happy at all about the multiple vst's that most of NI's installers still stuck on my computer (one in the chosen vst folder, and one in each synth's own vst folder.) this used to not be a problem on my old machine, but this time some were locking up cubase during its bootup scan on the first boot after install (especially with absynth 4), and some that i tried wouldnt load once i got cubase open. however, once i removed the extra (and seemingly totally unnecessary) vst folders, everything worked ok in cubase again.

thus far i've only given the most brief of tests on only a few of the vsts, just to make sure some of them work, and so far so good...both in cubase and eXT.

Return to “Instruments”