help please, need aphex twin style pads

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, zanyone heard 'blue calx' by the twin? it's the first track on C2.

how do you get those warm pads? I'm looking for a decent VSTi that can do that. thanks...!

to jog your memory!!!

its got a very brassy feel. And there are nice chords going on. I think it is rather thin sound for a pad but polyphonic with many notes. Not to mention it is drenched in delay/verb and is very distorted and lacks clarity because of bad analogue tape machines or other equipment I would guess. These tracks were supposedly based on lucid dreams of himself in the studio, and recreating the tracks in real life. fits very nicely i would say

I would try xhip. Has a very nice filters. You could approach a similar sound with any VA
Do not lick the fablanky

Try Filterscape its perfect for complex and warm pads!
It's more fun to compute..

thanks guys

This isn't complex at all. It's a basic 4-op FM synth sound (one with the carrier and modulator at the same frequency), a touch of pitch modulation, and mixed 100% wet with a low-end reverb unit.

Bruce Bartlett wrote:This isn't complex at all. It's a basic 4-op FM synth sound (one with the carrier and modulator at the same frequency), a touch of pitch modulation, and mixed 100% wet with a low-end reverb unit.
Mostly bingo!

Try the Stefan Kuhn FM synths with the Kajerhaus reverb on top (all free, see my sig for the links), I'd say.

A tad little virtual tube distortion would help too. Don't know what to recommend for that one though. You could try a pinch of Dual Trashers for the sat-ness I guess. :)

Return to “Instruments”