Nature Sounds Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know if you have Reaktor but if you do, check out the ensemble by Rolf Schmuck called lifeforms03 v1.3. It is in the user library @ NI. Can create a lot of these cool nature type sounds.

manytone wrote:Hi
Might as well mention it here.

Manytone is currently recording and working on Nature and Real World Sounds and some Foley, for a future product.
Things like Water, Wind, Traffic, Steps, Stairs, Knocks, Trains, Planes, Birds, Tractors, Tampers, Fire, Boats, Pubs, Background Talking, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Thunder and Storms etc. And that's just some of the stuff we already have worked on. There will be plenty more but that all depends on what we can find and record. In Fact... Please list here in this thread sounds you want and I can try to hunt them down and record them as we are still in this stage.

The final product should load into any of our instruments, or we may develop a specialized VSTi just for it.
I'll be deciding this very soon, but I sure am geared towards putting this content in it's own Multi Layered VSTi Sampler.

Anyways ..this looked like a good chance to mention one of the projects we are working on.

dusted william knows our stuff, so he can testify for our quality ;-)
Thanks guys
Paul
I gotta say that your soundset for the Wusikstation engine VSTI is the best sounding, best quality that I own (and I have lots of them). So, if the quality of the foley library is on par with that and in the same price bracket, you can count me in already.

...Unless it's a VSTI. My NLE, where I would use those sounds, cannot load and use VSTI; nor can any NLE that I know of. So why would you make those into a VSTI? Wouldn't 48KHz/24bits WAV samples make more sense for those types of sounds and for what they are generally used?

For instance, if I need birds chirping sounds from 01:23:17;15 'till 01:24:02;15, how is a VSTI going to help me?

bullshark wrote:
manytone wrote:Hi
Might as well mention it here.

Manytone is currently recording and working on Nature and Real World Sounds and some Foley, for a future product.
Things like Water, Wind, Traffic, Steps, Stairs, Knocks, Trains, Planes, Birds, Tractors, Tampers, Fire, Boats, Pubs, Background Talking, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Thunder and Storms etc. And that's just some of the stuff we already have worked on. There will be plenty more but that all depends on what we can find and record. In Fact... Please list here in this thread sounds you want and I can try to hunt them down and record them as we are still in this stage.

The final product should load into any of our instruments, or we may develop a specialized VSTi just for it.
I'll be deciding this very soon, but I sure am geared towards putting this content in it's own Multi Layered VSTi Sampler.

Anyways ..this looked like a good chance to mention one of the projects we are working on.

dusted william knows our stuff, so he can testify for our quality ;-)
Thanks guys
Paul
I gotta say that your soundset for the Wusikstation engine VSTI is the best sounding, best quality that I own (and I have lots of them). So, if the quality of the foley library is on par with that and in the same price bracket, you can count me in already.

...Unless it's a VSTI. My NLE, where I would use those sounds, cannot load and use VSTI; nor can any NLE that I know of. So why would you make those into a VSTI? Wouldn't 48KHz/24bits WAV samples make more sense for those types of sounds and for what they are generally used?

For instance, if I need birds chirping sounds from 01:23:17;15 'till 01:24:02;15, how is a VSTI going to help me?
Hi
Thanks for the compliments on our sounds. I really appreciate that!

A lot of Video scoring programs will load VSTi and then you just trigger the sound when needed in the Midi score track. But, for folks that may score using just the Raw wavs we will also have them available to use. I already had thought about that as there are people who will want the Sounds but not the Sampler VSTi. I do my scoring mostly with a VST Sampler so I know it works well in some apps. Also the VSTi would have EQs and Fx and specific programming made for Foley etc that can be saved to presets or instantly used with LOW CPU like all our stuff now. If you are using CakeWalk or other Hosts that allow Video to be loaded and scored, this will be the ticket. And the fact that users have asked for a VSTi to do this.
But yes, Wave files too for other use.

Don't forget, it is still early stage, thus my quote above about things still to be decided.

Sound good?

;-)
Paul

Dufay wrote:Not a vst. but might help..its called Atmosphere deluxe and creates nature sounds with a lot of options..http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/index.htm
There's a similar program for the Mac called SonicMood that does the same thing (on Macs). I like the idea of something like that for my Pocket PC, but I'm still wanting a full-blown synth.

But thanks for the tip and I might use Atmosphere for relaxing. (There is a BIG VST called Atmosphere that I should dig out of the vault and see if that has some goodies.

Paul @ M/T - any extended or at least varied collection of various nature - wind/water/rain/birds/crickets, etc would do wonders for those of us that create New Agey-type pieces of the long, relaxing, meditative variety.

On a differnet "eral world" note - anyway you could include a "screaming, rabid audience" looped sample? Kind of like what you'd hear on any of the KISS Alive albums before the first song starts. (You know - the "audience goes crazy" variety.)

Rhino has nature sounds as part of its waveforms. I created a lot of ambient presets with it and they are in my bank 4 I believe. But..you NEED Rhino!!

Tim

I find some instrument from the Andes music.
Who know what the banks are is compability for this.
Thanks.

manytone wrote: Sound good?
Yes and...one thing I was looking for and never could find is hockey game/arena sounds (you know, slapshot, puck hitting post, guy hitting the fence, whistle, crowd etc.). I ended up recording from a hockey game on TV, but I'm sure something better than that could be made.

Do you know if Relaxingsoftware Atmospheres can use ASIO drivers? I can't tell from their web page.
Keith
Glendale, AZ

Return to “Instruments”