NEXUS (T.C.S. Prt III)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes, that's strange - but wow - you also joined at a very very early stage...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:you also joined at a very very early stage...
Sure, but as you can calculate from my post per day stats, I've been a mere lurker during the "early years".
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

People are starting to get their DVDs....Maybe one of them will check in with their impressions.

This from the reFX board -
pieran303 wrote:I got it today ! Still testing the presets. So far I can say that my expectations were surpassed by far :shock:

.... continuing now :D

I'm a little surprised by the lack of LFO control according to the Amazona article (and my 2 years of German in Sweden weren't enough so I relied on translation software too). Not that I see it making a big difference in the functionality of Nexus for my own use, as it still seems to offer a lot more control than say the UVI engine on Atmosphere (a library which I still love after using it since early 2002). It just seems like an odd omission, that's all.

Yeah... people need an LFO, man!

A good LFO will have attack/fade, rate, depth and delay, and offer multiple wave shapes. :D

Sad panda is me... but I'm not forming any solid opinions on the thing just yet. For all I know, what IS there might be good enough.

I'm still excited about the demo. I'm hoping it gets released soon. I have all weekend for it now, thanks to Fedex screwing me up the ass and not delivering DimPro until Tuesday.
Mizutaphile.

Hey Ildon, as per Manuel S., they're working on the Demo this weekend, so we should see it sometime mid to end week of next. So you better find other plans for spending your end. ;)

God damn it. I was thinking it was going to be out this weekend. :( Thanks for the info.

:cry:

Looks I'll be sitting around hanging out with you losers until DimPro gets here...

...hehehe... not that that's a bad thing. :D

Edit: By the way.. I'm just kidding about the loser thing. I <3 you guys so very much. :D

In a weird mood today... :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:Yeah... people need an LFO, man!

A good LFO will have attack/fade, rate, depth and delay, and offer multiple wave shapes.
50 dollars, please.
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

1-2-Many wrote:
Sascha Franck wrote:
1-2-Many wrote::roll: give me a break! It went no more OT than any other thread - kevvvvs just flexing his puny arm and being a prick!
Ok, I've probably been confused by the amount of Nexus threads. You're actually right.

So, whichever mod moved this thread: Get a f**king clue and stop acting like a freaking reFX fanboy prick!

If you think about it, It really makes no sense for kevvvv, if he truly is a 'reFX fanboy', to be trying to harm a thread who's every intention is to promote a civil and balanced discussion on NEXUS, other than I pissed him off by outing his shameful Gestapo-like behavior.

edit: And think about this too, the deluge of NEXUS threads is the direct result of Kevvvvs behavior. He surreptitiously deleted entire threads, and moved others - that many agree did not warrant that degree of censorship, if any at all. So if anyone wants to complain about all the F'n NEXUS threads, blame kevvvv, cause he's the guy stirring the pot IMO.
Well I've missed all this Nexus shenanigans but I've made a 'formal' complaint about kevvvvvv's behaviour at KVR to two other senior mods including Ben[KVR] in the past. So I'll probably be banned now as well :hihi:

jivamukti wrote:
Ildon wrote:Yeah... people need an LFO, man!

A good LFO will have attack/fade, rate, depth and delay, and offer multiple wave shapes.
50 dollars, please.
:hihi: I know, right?
Mizutaphile.

1-2-Many wrote:This from the reFX board -
pieran303 wrote:I got it today ! Still testing the presets. So far I can say that my expectations were surpassed by far :shock:

Yeah real informative post... considering that any critics are apparently expelled from the ReFX Forum! :lol:

Per Lichtman wrote:I'm a little surprised by the lack of LFO control according to the Amazona article (and my 2 years of German in Sweden weren't enough so I relied on translation software too). Not that I see it making a big difference in the functionality of Nexus for my own use, as it still seems to offer a lot more control than say the UVI engine on Atmosphere (a library which I still love after using it since early 2002).
Huh? Doesn't Atmosphere have 4 LFOs that can be edited?

John Vulich wrote:
1-2-Many wrote:This from the reFX board -

Yeah real informative post... considering that any critics are apparently expelled from the ReFX Forum! :lol:
That's a good point there John.
Taking into account the recent 'public apology' (repent o ye sinners ... repent!!!!!) thread a member here posted & others who have stated that they have preemptively banned from the refx forums & even barred from future purchases it begs the question of whether people feel they will be able to trust any positive user reviews, as negative reviews can lead to negative consequences for the reviewer.
Personally I'd find it hard to trust reviews on this synth now, given Mr. Kleps Draconian, bizarre & somewhat paranoid behaviour - he's kinda becoming the G.W. of the vsti world if you get the reference, living in his own bubble, unnacepting of any criticism to the point of punishing critics to create an illusion of reality that conforms to his own personal vision (or am I going a little to deep there?).
In short - how can we trust that reviews are honest & forthright when the developer is known to punish those who criticise?

John Vulich wrote:
Per Lichtman wrote:I'm a little surprised by the lack of LFO control according to the Amazona article (and my 2 years of German in Sweden weren't enough so I relied on translation software too). Not that I see it making a big difference in the functionality of Nexus for my own use, as it still seems to offer a lot more control than say the UVI engine on Atmosphere (a library which I still love after using it since early 2002).
Huh? Doesn't Atmosphere have 4 LFOs that can be edited?
Don't misunderstand: I love Atmosphere and do great things with it. Underline love a couple times if you like. :) I beta tested the update to syncable LFOs and agree that they are quite effective. However, in terms of the ability to create rhythmic arpeggiated or gated lines, a modulation matrix, arpeggiator and trance gate make a bigger difference than LFOs. Atmosphere has really great sound material and the LFOs are great for editing pads but I find myself wishing I could use the sonic material in a different engine more and more, a sentiment that I've heard others air as well. Spectrasonics used the best engine they could license at the time the product was created and the state of the art has simply advanced since 2002. The sounds themselves still hold up beautifully and I use them extensively on practically every project I work on.

Return to “Instruments”