My take on ReFX Nexus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, if nothing else then this thread has been helpful to me regarding this, lol. Thanks very much for your thoughts on these, Neverfall. Maybe I will focus on Atmosphere first in that case. Though... my main focus at this point is doing soundtracks and film trailers, so perhaps A.I.R. might be a good choice after all?

Perhaps both. It's just a question of priority - which to get first.

neverfall wrote:
Sequent wrote:I'm thinking the target market for Nexus is similar to Atmosphere and A.I.R. The price is in line with those items.

So, is this post going to be deleted because someone does not agree with my opinion? This kind of thing only pushes me more towards the Atmosphere and A.I.R. options. Actually... A.I.R. is something I am VERY interested in.

I have both of them, and they are both very much worth their costs. Quite honestly though I think Atmosphere is the better deal. Atmosphere in my opinion seems to cover any electronica based music...all you need are drums.

A.I.R......seems a bit more "airy". More for theatrical applications. Other than the Impacts, I don't plan to use it OFTEN to produce anything "pop".
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

gnu23 wrote:Where's my dead horse graphic? Darn...

Sequent wrote:Well, if nothing else then this thread has been helpful to me regarding this, lol. Thanks very much for your thoughts on these, Neverfall. Maybe I will focus on Atmosphere first in that case. Though... my main focus at this point is doing soundtracks and film trailers, so perhaps A.I.R. might be a good choice after all?

Perhaps both. It's just a question of priority - which to get first.

neverfall wrote:
Sequent wrote:I'm thinking the target market for Nexus is similar to Atmosphere and A.I.R. The price is in line with those items.

So, is this post going to be deleted because someone does not agree with my opinion? This kind of thing only pushes me more towards the Atmosphere and A.I.R. options. Actually... A.I.R. is something I am VERY interested in.

I have both of them, and they are both very much worth their costs. Quite honestly though I think Atmosphere is the better deal. Atmosphere in my opinion seems to cover any electronica based music...all you need are drums.

A.I.R......seems a bit more "airy". More for theatrical applications. Other than the Impacts, I don't plan to use it OFTEN to produce anything "pop".

Yes it's DEFINITELY a matter of which one to get first. Well here's another thought, and this is only MY OPINION.

On one hand it seems that Atmosphere is more inspiring with editing and sound design. Actually what I usually do is to program a melody or whatever with Atmosphere and apply camelphat or camelspace to the synth line afterwards. Plus there soooooo many patches to mix and match. I suppose it's all about preference really.

With A.I.R I've gone through the patches, and honestly I don't plan on editing them much. I mean the patches are REALLY damn good so it's all a matter of how to layer patch upon patch really.

I'm sure you already know this, but for your line of work, I'd go with....

1. Atmosphere
2. Stylus RMX
3. Absynth 4
4. A.I.R
5. Stormdrum

Hell even Reason with the Amebient and Sonic Refills pack would be great! Yup, but for now I'd focus on getting Atmosphere and Absynth 4 if I were you. :)

Hey, thanks, neverfall, for your opinions on A.I.R.

I have been seriously thinking about picking this up and was waiting for some user experiences with it.

I also have Atmosphere and Absynth 4 (waiting for it to arrive) and wondered if A.I.R would be worth it or if everything would already be covered with the aforementioned products I purchased.

Cheers, mate
8)

Yes, cheers, neverfall.

I have Absynth3 and Stormdrum. I guess Stylus is something to think about for the future too. Though I haven't really found myself lacking for percussive sounds at the moment. The Sonic Refills is actually something I've considered too.

I could be completely off base here... but here's my take on Atmosphere vs. A.I.R. from listening to the various demos. It seems that Atmosphere is very slick and polished whereas A.I.R. might have a few more off-the-wall type things? Perhaps that is seriously over generalizing it. But that is why I could see having both if they each cover different ground.

Either way I suppose would be a good choice.

This is btw why I was looking at Nexus too, as something else to add into the mix.

And honestly... I don't "need" any of this stuff. At this point it's mainly a matter of what might be interesting and what might spark some fresh ideas.

BTW... and it does kind of matter to me because my computer is starting to get kind of long in the tooth. From what I can tell it looks like Atmosphere's cpu hit is going to be significantly lower than that of A.I.R.?
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Return to “Instruments”