Native Instruments new products coming at Musikmesse

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compy; Kontakt 2 came out April 2005. So, it hasn't been two years. Now look at NI's general major upgrade pattern...

FM7 -> FM8 = 4+ years
B4 -> B4 II = 3+ years
Battery 1 -> Battery 2 = ~3 years
Battery 2 -> Battery 3 = ~2 years
Spektral Delay = no major updates
Intakt = no major updates
Kompakt = no major updates
Vokator = no major updates
Reaktor 4 -> Reaktor 5 = ~2.5-3 years

Sure, Absynth and Guitar Rig get updated a little more frequently. But they are also not as complex as Kontakt. I just don't think it would make sense of them to go to Kontakt 3 already when they basically haven't even worked the bugs out of 2 yet.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

loachm wrote:PRO-54!!!!
*drool*

zircon wrote:Compy; Kontakt 2 came out April 2005. So, it hasn't been two years. Now look at NI's general major upgrade pattern...
Well end of the Musikmesse it's 2 years, isn't it? Like I said, wouldn't be surprised if they release V3 at the fair and then around June you can buy it.

Like I said... who said that an instrument has to be at v.5 to adjust an upgraded version?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

No one, I'm just saying that it wouldn't be like NI to do something like that based on their product history.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I too would be surprised at a Kontakt 3 this year. I think a lot of people are still getting used to Kontakt 2. I know I am; actually, I'm scared of it and usually use 1.5! :(

No, if they keep to their ways, they'll introduce something nutty and brand spanking new, while their old products languish in bug hell.

Or they surprise us with the Steinberg mentality and really do release K3. Especially since all other major stuff was upgraded.

DAMMIT NI! Don't make us speculate, yo! :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I'm hoping for a host. They can call it Kompose or Komposer or something equally daft. I realise that this is very unlikely.

Other than that, would be nice to see Pro-53 get a major update although I love it just as it is now.

And Spektral Delay :)

Have you all forgot the Elektrik Piano ? I'd like to see a real emulation (like AAS Lounge Lizard 3) and not a sample based instrument.

Return to “Instruments”