Tal U-NO-60

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for this amazing little synth.

I am basically using it as a free alternative to moogV.

Kudos also on the graphics. Best graphics I've seen on a free VST.

The link isn't available. It gets a 403 error ....

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
kunz.corrupt.ch
Wed Oct 17 00:48:58 2007
Apache/2.2.6 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8e DAV/2

it's up for me now
sometimes it's hard not to be an asshole © mellotronaut
you work so somebody can rest
Doing sound synthesis if organs is all you get, leave it alone

All Rights Deserved

Thanks. I found it - I guess a temporary thing.

Neat little VSTi! The emulation is very well done and you can really make it sound like the original JUNO 60.
It has an extra button on it marked 'Save CPU', which helps a bit, but reduces the quality of the sound.
Two instances of this VSTi was tops on my PC, before the CPU started towards the flaky zone.
Quite a few Presets, but not all of those that came with the JUNO 60 plus some others apparently supplied by the author.

I made a sample MP3 using just one preset and a little FreeAmp to give it some depth. You can listen to another remix of the Fado Matigue here ..
http://tinyurl.com/3d4k63

Sorry for the Tiny URL, but this eliminates the space inserted in my huge URL.

i noticed that under host that let you open the plugin using their generic GUI, like Live and EnergyXT, the control that turns on/off the pulse wave is labeled "Parameter" instead of "pulse" or whatever.

also, i noticed a parameter called CUTOFFSMOOTH... haven't heard a difference in sound messing with it; does it work?

I don't get all the comparisons to the Minimoog. The Junos were nothing like Minis! No cross-detuning (I don't count the chorus) and only the waveforms were fixed, i.e. you couldn't create a voice based on two slightly detuned saw waves for example. Minis had no PWM or inverted envelope, the defining feature of the Junos in my opinion. :shrug:
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Rolands and Moogs are totally different sounding in general, so are Oberheims. I can recognise the sound of either of them easily. To me, Korgs sound a bit like Rolands, and Arps sound like something between a Roland and an Oberheim, so I can't recognise them so easily. Definitely Rolands and Moogs are most easily recognisable of all those [at least for to me :)].
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Instruments”