Gladiator or Sylenth1?

Gladiator
47%
Sylenth1
53%

Total votes: 169

RELATED
PRODUCTS

exmatproton wrote: Their soundbanks are loaded with way too much fx for my taste...the first part seems to be solved by their newer browsers in their new synths. Just a normal folder structure with simple installation procedures. Nothing hard about that luckily.
At my level the question is : did they update Gladiator's browser consequently by now ?

This because i've got a big bunch of custom presets with that synth on my mac, but i simply cannot create a bank properly because of these issue...

...shame !

:oops: :x :evil:

exmatproton wrote:...the first part seems to be solved by their newer browsers in their new synths. Just a normal folder structure with simple installation procedures. Nothing hard about that luckily.
Electra2 and Nemesis are certainly a lot better because of the shift to a standard folder structure and the inclusion of a browser (Icarus seems to have gone backwards here). But...

The Electra2 manual says: "The final step is to save your freshly minted sound. Click on the FILE button in the Browser section and then click 'Save patch' in the menu. A file browser window will appear which will be navigated to the 'User' folder ready to save the patch. Type in 'My first Bass' and click 'Save'."

That automatic navigation doesn't actually happen. You have to go find the folder yourself (at least on my machine). And Tone2 doesn't bother storing presets in the standard Audio/Presets/Tone2 location that the installer, for some reason, creates. It clutters up the Audio/Plugins folder along with all the other Tone2 data. If you store into the normal OS X location, the patch comes up with a blank name and 'Custom' for the folder in the patch window. Once you've found the actual preset folders, it goes a lot better. To avoid having to remember each time, I have a folder that contains aliases to these locations on the Desktop. It's far from being a showstopper but can be a pain when you're in the flow.

May I know if both great synths still have no sizeable UI feature implemented ? I just d/l Gladiator 2 demo and found that the letters in the UI are so tiny....

cowby wrote:May I know if both great synths still have no sizeable UI feature implemented ? I just d/l Gladiator 2 demo and found that the letters in the UI are so tiny....
Sylenth now have resizeable GUI.
musisikamar.com

I'd get both :D

Gladiator -> more room for experimentation and has wider soundpalette.

Sylenth -> fast and easy.

tried yesterday gladiator update 2.6 beta. I realy hear a betther sound quality and the update is now free. It's from sound quality a bigger update than rayblaster 2, i realy hear a difference, Version 2.6 sounds more briliant:

shit

I own Gladiator. I don't own Sylenth. I DO have Spire,, Hive, and Dune 2 (often compared to Sylenth). I won't knock Sylenth but, I don't EDM, and the sound doesn't knock me over like it does for many others. Gladiator costs more because they make you buy an additional soundset with it but, that soundset is really, really cool (new reverb, wave forms, etc). I'd go for Gladiator but, if you want get a particular supersaw/unison/pluck sound that seems so popular amongst certain folks, then Sylenth is the synth for you.

Return to “Instruments”