Roland D50 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunately I cannot speak French.
Can anybody tell me where I can download the plug?
I cannot find any working download button on Ricks page.

I'm not sure that Roland will let such a project be completed. :shrug:

This looks like a complete rip off of the D50, including the exact copy of the architecture of the synth. ( WIch is btw not hidden, as this unit is compatible with the D50 sysex ) The names are identical to those used on a D50 ( TVF aso )

Then, all PCM waveforms used in the D50 are copyrighted by Roland, and a synth wich would use different data would obviously more or less miss the point.

As the Roland filters and Fx (especially this thick gluing low quality verb ) might not be the easiest to emulate in a proper way.

Just my 0.002 here though.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

It says you need to register to download. In future it will be on sale for 40 euros. But for now only a test version is available and there are free licence keys available for those who want to be testers. Send him a mail saying "j''en veux une et je veux bien tester!" [I want one and I want to test it!] You need to send him some feedback if you want to be a tester, at a minimum saying BIEN [GOOD] or PAS BIEN [NOT GOOD].

Where that page come from ? Post withdrawn.

Resurrecting this topic to ask a question.
During the years we've see countless emulations of Roland products. Countless drum machines, Junos, JX3p and Jupiter 8 - you name 'em.
But it seems there are no takes on Roland synths made after around 1986-87. Why are Roland so protective about anything released after the mid 80s? No d-series synths, no w-series synths - basically nothing at all!
I know some of these are romplers and require the original samples to sound right, but it still makes me wonder why Roland apparently stops anyone from touching those products?

K-Bee, you answered your own question: The sound of a D-50 wave sample is copyrighted, the mere architecture of a Juno 60 isn't. Thus there's more leverage on preventing copyright infringements when samples are involved.

I know this thread started a couple years ago, but still...over 31,000 views...that shows how much interest there is in a D-50 plugin.

Roland should get it over with and just make one. :wink:

DELETED

Ive said it before and will say it again !Why they dont make VST /au versions of there synths is just beyond me.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

The converters on the D50/D550 have a lot to do with the sound, plus the chorus

It's unique. My Xv5080 sounds nothing like, neither do my SQ80, and otehr analog synths like my Jupiter 8, A6, SH2, Code8, JUno 196 and MKS80 etc

If anything it's closer to a Roland rack analog/VA synth

When you program your own sounds on it, it certainly has a vibe like no other.
Even Roland's attempt at emulating doesn't quite sound the same...

http://soundcloud.com/coolcolj/roland-d550-impression

But the question remains...why???

If they don't want to do it themselves why not license the samples to some other developer and earn a bundle while they're at it. A stand alone vst or a Kontakt instrument would sell well. The 31,000 views mentioned before proof that this synth is NOT gonna be forgotten any time soon.

Because, as has been discussed, Roland is a hardware company and they don't want to damage sales of their hardware units.

The moment they start to make VSTi's, even of their old units, people start questioning why they don't make VSTi's of their new/current stuff -> then people start questioning where the VFM in hardware is, when soft synths can do so much more -> then they stop purchasing new hardware. :shrug:

The fact is, a large number of people have no qualms basically putting down the same amount of money each year when a new version of their hardware synth comes out, that does just a little bit more than the last one. :nutter:
Last edited by Ben H on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

K-Bee wrote:If they don't want to do it themselves why not license the samples to some other developer and earn a bundle while they're at it.
Actually, maybe one has to simply ask them... I have a nice contact, I'll let you know what happens... if anything.

;) Urs

K-Bee wrote:But the question remains...why???

If they don't want to do it themselves why not license the samples to some other developer and earn a bundle while they're at it. A stand alone vst or a Kontakt instrument would sell well. The 31,000 views mentioned before proof that this synth is NOT gonna be forgotten any time soon.
A bundle?

If you look at the turnover of hardware companies like Roland and Yamaha, compared to those of plugin developers, even today when hardware sales are probably way down on what they once were, the question is more "why would they bother?"

31000 views sounds impressive, unfortunately that would probably translate into 300 sales, if they're lucky.

It would probably be considerably more profitable to them to use those samples in some form of D50 expansion (be it just samples and patches, or an actual hardware board) for one of their hardware products.

JonHodgson wrote:
K-Bee wrote:But the question remains...why???

A bundle?

If you look at the turnover of hardware companies like Roland and Yamaha, compared to those of plugin developers, even today when hardware sales are probably way down on what they once were, the question is more "why would they bother?"

31000 views sounds impressive, unfortunately that would probably translate into 300 sales, if they're lucky.

It would probably be considerably more profitable to them to use those samples in some form of D50 expansion (be it just samples and patches, or an actual hardware board) for one of their hardware products.
Exactly my POV :tu:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”