Most analog sounding softsynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

has somebody mentioned one ping only yet?

and have we had the discussions about how analog sounds better than any software yet?

.....seriously, transistors gave way to PIC's, which in turn gave way to integrated circuits, which in turn gave way to Microchips, which now run DSP capability. It's all electricity, you know.... try making music on either an analog synth or a VSTi when there's a power failure....

I love my VSTi's to bits, even though I bought a Little Phatty today.... there's no difference in sound, just workflow.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Ingonator wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
CJDJ wrote:oh :D i forgot to mention the Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 from Korg
Whats the difference between that and the original KLC AE?

Hello,

the differences of the KLC 2007 over the old one are : No MS-20 USB-Controller and the new Korg Mono/Poly synth is included. Already used it but is not my favourite any more.
I meant in terms of quality as you named the 2007 edition,just curious as i have the original klc ae.I heard a lot of good things about the monopoly but don't they require a dongle now?

Have you tried Olga?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

of course i'm sure there exists some software which can do this:
http://xhip.cjb.net/temp/public/no_difference.mp3

what?... no?

:shrug:

Arksun wrote:..I feel a picture of a bass fish coming on :)
Sorry, I'm a bit late...

.......... All your bass belong to us!

ckatrun411 wrote:hi mate, there is not a synth on that list that sounds anything like real analog.

your best bet is to by a 500 euro evolver from dave smith and become slightly more aware of how the oscillators and filters sound. Lately I have been listening to a lot of real old analog music... and its become perfectly clear the difference tween digital and analog.

cheers
That's an interesting bit. It certainly makes sense that the longer people stick with digital concoctions, they'll come to believe that they are the real thing.
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

musikmachine wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
CJDJ wrote:oh :D i forgot to mention the Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 from Korg
Whats the difference between that and the original KLC AE?

Hello,

the differences of the KLC 2007 over the old one are : No MS-20 USB-Controller and the new Korg Mono/Poly synth is included. Already used it but is not my favourite any more.
I meant in terms of quality as you named the 2007 edition,just curious as i have the original klc ae.I heard a lot of good things about the monopoly but don't they require a dongle now?

Have you tried Olga?
Yes it requires a Syncrosoft dongle. Another difference is that you'll loose the WS also :shock: , wich is now included in the digital edition. But well you gain the MonoPoly :love: so that for me the choice was quite obvious.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

aciddose wrote:of course i'm sure there exists some software which can do this:
http://xhip.cjb.net/temp/public/no_difference.mp3

what?... no?

:shrug:
This one does for sure.
aka rktic. demoscener (Farbrausch, Holon, MFX, Still), sound designer, ux-dude, sth @AudioRealism, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

Sam@Megablastic wrote:
Urs wrote:
ckatrun411 wrote:I been spending a lot of weeks now listening just to vinyl trying to rediscover the roots of electronica. Lots of different composers, from Germany and England throughout the 60s and 70s, and old movie soundtracks and what not. Its been quite a strange experience, cause I have spent a lot of time working with digital equipment.
You can't get these sounds with just analogue synths either. It's the whole production technique involved that provides for certain sounds, such as tape loops. If you're into stuff like Oxygene or Tangram, you'd be very disappointed trying this on just a bunch of analogue synths. You can get far closer with plugin synths that have a decent effects section and eq.
I disagree, I plugged in my Crumar Multiman.... inserted the audio signal into a Small Stone analog Phaser running at 7.5 Volts instead of 9 Volts to get the slower lfo rate. I then put it through a Roland Space echo and panned the dry signal hard left and the echo'd signal hard right......Instant Oxygene :)

it appears either you or me has/have a severe reading comprehension problem. :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Threads like these are only possible on KVR. Everything from shameless advertising of completely non-related synths to romplers to picture posting of a long run out joke to people not having a clue of the difference between analog and digital. (all of which are off topic). :roll:

How synths like AAS Tassman 4 and Native Instruments Massive 1.1 can be on that list is also beyond me.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

I won't even bother to wade through the posts. They'll manage to list every softsynth known to man. If you want the most analogue, just make sure it has a large warmth module at the synth's output. :)
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

HunterKiller wrote:Threads like these are only possible on KVR.
It truly is the charm of the place, isn't it. Did someone manage to get Synth1 listed by any chance?
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

eduardo_b wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:Threads like these are only possible on KVR.
It truly is the charm of the place, isn't it. Did someone manage to get Synth1 listed by any chance?
I don't think so, though one ping only is mentioned.

I was going to post some interesting examples and thoughts, but yeah, with this place, why bother.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Instruments”