Does any other VST sound as good as Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

neverfall wrote:I don't care if it's a rompler it's still a VSTi. Nexus is pretty much as good as it gets right now next to the Spectrasonics plugs and romplers using the Kontakt player.

I don't think CronoX3 gets the props it deserves. Seriously, I'd take CronoX over Sylenth anyday without question. I personally didn't find much use for Massive, but it sounds WONDERFUL. The Butterfly Stance patch was used on Nas' new track called "Hero". Apparently someone found a gem in there that I didn't.

Anywho...

Blue
Albino
CronoX
Massive
Korg Legacy....especially Analog 2008
SOOOO many banks for Reason
Vanguard
Rapture
Z3ta
Virus Powercore....all day.

All are marvelous SYNTHS with a beautiful sound all their own.

pretty much agree with all of this. And Nexus sounds better than sylenth by a mile. I know refx is hated here but it's the truth. I have no reason to lie.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I don't think Vanguard should be in that list because once you turn that cutoff knob up you get some crazy harsh digital nastyness that I don't think sounds good at all compared to more modern synths and especially not to Sylenth. Vanguard was the first software synth I purchased and hardly use it anymore.

I think the only native software synths that compares to Sylenth would probably be the Korg Legacy Collections but I don't agree with the copy protection.
You are currently reading my signature.

zerocrossing wrote:Great observation, but it depends on what you're going for. Sometimes I want an ensamble cast, sometimes a one synth show works. One thing I know for sure does not work is taking a one man show synth like Massive and putting it next to a couple other stage hogs. All this is relative though, as I'm sure Massive can be muzzled a bit and a synth like Surge can be encouraged to take the center stage. That's what production is all about. This conversation is as silly as saying one color is better than another.
One thing people do not talk about nearly enough is the arrangement/mixing skills of the composer. I never really understood this idea of a synth not being able to sit in a mix. It's all about the actual patch you are using, what notes it's playing, in what octave/frequency range...etc. It makes no sense that if I try out some bass patches on a synth and think they are too aggressive, I would then try some bells or pads or keys and think they are all too aggressive as well? Synths have a wide-range of presets--from ambient to hardcore--they can't all not sit well in any mix, any song? Then there's EQ'ing a patch or tweaking it--that's what a person should be doing to guarantee a good mix anyway, right?

So when people say that a synth sits really well in a mix, I'm guessing they mostly mean that the patches reside in the most common frequency ranges such sounds are normally associate with after they've been EQ'd in a good mix, and do not contain "stray" or "excessive" sound energy in unneeded frequency ranges? This is probably what was meant by a one-man show synth--the patches are designed to be as lush and full across the frequency ranges as possible to sound impressive--great for demoing a patch, but not so great when you need to tweak/EQ them to sit in a mix.

I think Altiverb sounds better than Sylenth. So smooth.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Here is my list:

GenesisCM
Audjoo Helix
Tone2 Gladiator
Rob Papen Predator
Novation V-Station
DiscoDSP Discovery

:D

I still use Vaz 2010 as my goto vsti.
I still find it to be the most warm and analog sounding vsti i have tried.
Every time a new VA synth see the daylight i download and try it out.
If i hear a very nice patch i try to copy the patch on Vaz 2010 and it never let me down, so i stay at Vaz 2010.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

cryophonik wrote:I'm sorry guys, but I just don't get it. I've tried drinking the Sylenth1 Kool-Aid several times now, but I just don't hear what all the fuss is about, unless perhaps the sound quality of the demo is severely crippled (?). It sounds like a pretty mediocre synth to me, albeit with some very nicely designed presets. Don't get me wrong, I will admit that it's a nice sounding synth.......for $100. Unfortunately, it costs twice that, but doesn't offer synthesis capabilities or a feature set that can compete with synths in that price range. Rob Papen's Blue, NI Massive, Tone2 Gladiator and even Z3TA+ leave it in the dust as far as I'm concerned.
Consider Helix. The demos are in need of a better showcase, to show off the other side of it that has yet to be realized. (well it has, just not in demo mp3's.)

No nothing sounds better than Sylenth

Afaics all the good music on earth has been made with Sylenth untill now.

......... ....

LtZ

Music rely on diversity
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Afaics all the good music on earth has been made with Sylenth untill now.
That's not entirely true. Some famous baroque componists didn't have Sylenth1's at their time while they could have their music performed quite well.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Afaics all the good music on earth has been made with Sylenth untill now.
That's not entirely true. Some famous baroque componists didn't have Sylenth1's at their time while they could have their music performed quite well.
They used Omnisphere.

olepro wrote:I still use Vaz 2010 as my goto vsti.
I still find it to be the most warm and analog sounding vsti i have tried.
Every time a new VA synth see the daylight i download and try it out.
If i hear a very nice patch i try to copy the patch on Vaz 2010 and it never let me down, so i stay at Vaz 2010.
That is a good sounding synth! Have tried the demos before but just hearing it again now... :love: It's good you've found a syhth that is a mainstay. I've been on ythe lookout for an analog emu recently that's not too pricy and i think i may have just found it (again!) :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

sensorium wrote:
Timfonie wrote:
They used Omnisphere.
I think you got the idea Sensorium :wink:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:No nothing sounds better than Sylenth

......... ....

LtZ

Music rely on diversity
Do i sense a bit of sarcasm in here :hihi:

D-Fusion wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:No nothing sounds better than Sylenth

......... ....

LtZ

Music rely on diversity
Do i sense a bit of sarcasm in here :hihi:
You know, I was just beginning considering offering you THIS million dollars for the great benefit of music industry BUT .......

After reading your InfaZmouZz InnuendoZzz ..... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :wink:

I think I'll give it to Mr Paulson ........

(How to make huge benefits with a big world bank : Start with 15 :oops: )

LtZ

ATS wrote:pretty much agree with all of this. And Nexus sounds better than sylenth by a mile. I know refx is hated here but it's the truth. I have no reason to lie.
I know Nexus from a friend.

Its sound can not compete with KLC, Sylenth1, Zebra, etc. .. it's absolutely worse than any of these.
And I have no reason to lie too ..

Return to “Instruments”