The most underestimated synths...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Krakatau wrote:
sfd wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Or maybe a lot famous synths are just overrated?
There is no magic in most of them. :P
Lady Gaga is fameous too...........whatever that says......
just in case "Gaga" means senile in frensh

:P
Off-Topic begin
"Senile" no, never for "gaga"... in fact it is even the contrary. "Gaga" is a term to qualify "someone who behaves as if he had staid mentally baby or very, very young child... or staid for life with the IQ of a lettuce".

Some persons (not always old) behave also momentarily that way when they have a baby on their knees... and yet, yes, it is also an occasion to say "She is "gaga" in front of her grandson or her granddaughter" like producing stupid noises with the fingers making guitar tremolos on the lips.
:clown:

I don't know if there is a true equivalent in English slang. Being found of slang for my lectures of old "polars" (old caper stories and that kind of crazy black novels) I would like to know if someone has an answer...

In the 60's there was also an expression (lost now) "Cette gonzesse j'en suis gaga !" (or "Cette poulette j'en suis dingue !") which this time was the equivalent of "That pretty bird (chick, girl) drives me crazy !" (I'm sick of love for her, guy"!!! with that exact sense: "Each time I see her, my... hem... becomes as big as the Empire State Building!!! It is so that as long as she is in front of my eyes I can't absolutely think to anything else than... hem... with her here and now! Ok?")

You get what means (or rather meant in the 60's) "gaga" in that situation ? :D

"Senile" is never rendered by "gaga". "Senile" means "so old that he has lost his reason" but it is not an Alzheimer trouble. And in French it is very rarely used in a pejorative way. If there is an English slang equivalent it would be probably something like "deeply dotard"...

Off-topic End
:D
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

mind you : Frogs are notoriously spiteful creatures !

:D :P :clown:

CROACK !

Krakatau wrote:mind you : Frogs are notoriously spiteful creatures !

:D :P :clown:

CROACK !
I'm ashamed... I'm French and I don't like eating frogs.
I prefer the cheese.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

What do you guys think about Largo? Can it compete with todays synths sound quality wise?

HcDoom wrote:What do you guys think about Largo? Can it compete with todays synths sound quality wise?
When I demo'd it I thought it sounded fine. I didn't get it because of the color contrast of the GUI elements. Just didn't mesh with my eyes. But it's a fine synth.

I'm always surprised that FXPansion Strobe 2 is so rarely discussed. Such a fine instrument good UI and lots of possibilities of modulation.

I guess, overall, the mass of users' attention is a swarm which can only focus on a few instruments. Nowadays, I'd say it's Serum, which deservedly is the most talked about but also influential instrument (a lot is the GUI approach of it).
BlackWinny wrote:I'm French and I don't like eating frogs.
And you have left the french web. You speak english. Something serious is happening with you. I mean, where will it end? Tomorrow you tell us you love germans. :clown:

Dagger. That thing sounds marvelous.

Yorrrrrr wrote:Dagger. That thing sounds marvelous.
was just gonna say that :P

lin plug - octopus

:borg:

ford442 wrote:Albino 3 always surprises me at being up to creating new sounds when it is old and now discontinued compared to other VSTs for some years now..
Yep! Good ol Albino 3 is the only reason I bought and use jbridge.

why? it's 64-bit also

V0RT3X wrote:Image
Tell me about it. My absolute worst selling libraries and one of my favorite synths. I'd be surprised if more than a dozen people even own this thing. Am really not sure why it didn't catch on big time.

wagtunes wrote: When I demo'd it I thought it sounded fine. I didn't get it because of the color contrast of the GUI elements. Just didn't mesh with my eyes. But it's a fine synth.
I listened to demos on youtube...hm...has interesting but somehow thin sound...? Since its already 8 years old, not sure if its wise to invest in it.

HcDoom wrote:
wagtunes wrote: When I demo'd it I thought it sounded fine. I didn't get it because of the color contrast of the GUI elements. Just didn't mesh with my eyes. But it's a fine synth.
I listened to demos on youtube...hm...has interesting but somehow thin sound...? Since its already 8 years old, not sure if its wise to invest in it.
Do you mean Largo? Thin?! I don't think so really. It is the same level as Massive but it needs some programming skill (not very easy). It has the Waldorf sound and can make big sounds, but it is not to make analog sounds and might not for everyone.

They didn't market it well (mainly Presets) and maybe because of that it is underestimated.

Return to “Instruments”