The most underestimated synths...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Adventus for me too and Synapse audio Hydra.
Wtb inspiration!

Ableton Operator.
Moppel's Sonitarium.
ndc's Buffer Synth 2.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, didn't read all 4 pages, but without a doubt:

http://www.pro-sounds.net/modules.php?n ... cle&sid=46

http://www.pro-sounds.net/modules.php?n ... le&sid=119

Comes with 1000+ great sounds including a free Leslie Sanford, Cobalt), bank.

$69.95 - a freakin' bargain!!!

Others are: Dash/Nu Softing Modelonia and EMM Knagalis, Art Vera's Golden Aset, H. G. Fortune's stuff.

As far as free stuff: Anything from GTG Synths - Mik), UGO, Krakli, BONES. Soha Sonata, Fretted Synth's stuff.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff right now...

I use the cs80v with disturtion.The electric bass patches are really cool too.
The synths in cubase are cool too.Lots of really cool prog rock patches in there.the fm7 has some untapped potential too.In the 80's fm synths were used
for fx such as pouring soda into a glass. I once had a tx802 orchestral disk
from a company called synthware that was awsome(wish I could find it).

jx 220
oberon
trancender
dominator
d303-B Serrano
simsynth
Krakli
Kriminal
Neotec

gagn21 wrote:simsynth
Don't know about underestimated. That was actually one of my first standalone VA's I've ever toyed with, years ago. (That thing really had some real banging presets. Tearing leads was its forte) That was one fantastic-sounding synth, but its FL "Live" variant was underwhelming, from what I've tried ages ago.

Kinda wish it was polyphonic. :)

Has anyone said FabFilter Twin yet?

I keep finding myself wanting to buy it, but I also keep underestimating it, maybe. As in: I really liked the way it sounded, but for some reason I always ended up with an organ sound of some sort. Have no idea why that happened.

KarmaFX synth. This should have received more hype and praise than omnishere. I'ts a close second to reaktor for the best sounding synth ever.

SadPuppyBlues wrote:Has anyone said FabFilter Twin yet?

I keep finding myself wanting to buy it, but I also keep underestimating it, maybe. As in: I really liked the way it sounded, but for some reason I always ended up with an organ sound of some sort. Have no idea why that happened.
I agree. FF Twin doesn't get mentioned here much. It's awesome.

The reason you might be ending up with "reed" or "organ" sounds is if you tweak the sync knob. A large part of the range makes any of the oscillators gradually morph into slightly "harder" variants of themselves, usually with some overtones. :)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

vicious_angel wrote:Adventus for me too and Synapse audio Hydra.
Hydra is a gorgeous synth. So easy to program, wonderful smooth sounds and capable of some really grrraaaaa distortion. Thesedays it hardly touches the CPU either! Great synth, I wonder if Rich ever plans to write any new ones (non Orion-native).

Octoberlull wrote:KarmaFX synth. This should have received more hype and praise than omnishere. I'ts a close second to reaktor for the best sounding synth ever.
+1 Just gotta watch the load. Great quality sound/flexibility comes at a price.

People keep mentioning synth-edit mods which is a bit self explanatory as they are PC only and come from small developers with close to zero in marketing budgets.

fandango wrote:
vicious_angel wrote:Adventus for me too and Synapse audio Hydra.
Hydra is a gorgeous synth. So easy to program, wonderful smooth sounds and capable of some really grrraaaaa distortion. Thesedays it hardly touches the CPU either! Great synth, I wonder if Rich ever plans to write any new ones (non Orion-native).
i know its outdated like hell, but i still do like that oldie
i still remember a couple of gummy gnarly bass presets there that were plenty of fun to use :)
Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

I agree with people mentioning V-station. It's a fantastic general purpose synth build for fast programming. The other day I hadan overwhelming urge to recreate Howard Jones's "Equality" I really just wanted to wear my X-box headset and play the main riff on my keyboard while pretending that my dog was the dancing mime.

So I needed a fast, plucky dx7'ish sound for the arp, and a sharp lead and was able to dial them in on V-station within a few minuets. It's great for those types of things and impromptu jam sessions.

As there is much mention of Komplete, I don't hear much said about the B4. Soooo, my vote is for the B4. I love it and it gets my vote based on the fact that to me, here at KVR it seems underrated. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”