Convert fxb bank to fxp single patches?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Wusik VM just breaks the whole bank into single fxps in one go though - just takes a few seconds.
Thanks aMUSEd for your tip, I will try Wusik VM, it is free anyway. If it really works as you wrote than it might be already the solution to my described problem here. Of course it would be even a better solution without having to split such .fxb banks as described in the linked page but at least this would be an acceptable workaround for the beginning.

You can do the reverse with DM BankMaker2. 8)

BFunKu wrote:You can do the reverse with DM BankMaker2.
Where can we find DM BankMaker2?

It's on the site I posted below somewhere? At least that's the authors webpage. I downloaded it when it first came out. The author started a thread here on KVR about it a couple years ago. Try doing a KVR Forum search maybe? This is the authors site link that is on the actual DM BankMaker2 App. http://www.dundeemedia.com/

aMUSEd wrote:Wusik VM just breaks the whole bank into single fxps in one go though - just takes a few seconds.
I tried Wusik VM and it did not work as I wanted it. How are you loading ANY presetbank.fxb into its plugin.dll, then exporting each preset as .fxp in one shot? I tried following steps:

1. Loading Wusik VM in a host
2. Loading a plugin.dll into Wusik VM (Menu.Load VST)
3. Loading a presetbank.fxb into plugin.dll (Menu.Load Bank)
I can play all presets within Wusik VM, so far so good.
4. Then if I select Menu.Extract FXPs, it asks me "Select the VSTi to Load"? Thus I can not use plugin.dll with any presetbank.fxb I want.

What do I do wrong? How are you converting any presetbank.fxb for a given plugin.dll into its preset components as .fxp files? Thanks in advance.

Music is the best

Thanks for all the tips/help.
I have to start using Reaper.
Anyone know the least cpu-intensive free host for pc?

Musical Gym wrote:Anyone know the least cpu-intensive free host for pc?
VstHost seems to be vary stable, and uses little CPU.

Regarding converting FXP <> FXB, you may also try asHost:

Thanks, Asseca.
Do you know if it is possible to send/receive pitchbend with Revitar 2?

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks, Asseca.
Do you know if it is possible to send/receive pitchbend with Revitar 2?
Revitar 2 does respond(receive) to PitchBend messages, however Revitar 2 does not send any MIDI messages ...

It is of course possible to wrap Revitar 2 with mGUI and then have MIDI receive/send/feedback on any Vst Parameter ... how well this works depends on how well your host handles MIDI message from/to plugins ...
Last edited by asseca on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again, Asseca.
I just downloaded mGui and will check it out.
Jim

asseca wrote:Regarding converting FXP <> FXB, you may also try asHost:
I tried asHost, it just converted only the first nine presets instead of all, also it crashed while closing asHost.

trackzone wrote:
I tried Wusik VM and it did not work as I wanted it. How are you loading ANY presetbank.fxb into its plugin.dll, then exporting each preset as .fxp in one shot? I tried following steps:

1. Loading Wusik VM in a host
2. Loading a plugin.dll into Wusik VM (Menu.Load VST)
3. Loading a presetbank.fxb into plugin.dll (Menu.Load Bank)
I can play all presets within Wusik VM, so far so good.
4. Then if I select Menu.Extract FXPs, it asks me "Select the VSTi to Load"? Thus I can not use plugin.dll with any presetbank.fxb I want.

What do I do wrong? How are you converting any presetbank.fxb for a given plugin.dll into its preset components as .fxp files? Thanks in advance.
The sequence should be:

Ist make sure you are using the VSTi version not the FX one.

1) Menu - load VST
2) Menu - Load bank (unless you want to extract fxp's from the default bank)
3) Menu - extract fxp's - you will be asked to create a folder and if you want VM to keep asking for filenames (best to select no or it will ask this for every filename)

then you will have a folder full of all your bank as individual FXP's which you can load via load FXP or the search function.

trackzone wrote:I tried asHost, it just converted only the first nine presets instead of all, also it crashed while closing asHost.
You may try this one (v1.27) ... "Export Presets" converts all the FXPs in Revitar 2 ...

What plugin do you want to convert the FXPs ??

Thanks Asseca, Wusik VM (beta 2) works now correctly, but to answer your question, it should convert any plugin.

Return to “Instruments”