7Aliens Catanya - Music Phrase Arpeggiator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
braj wrote:It takes a three note chord and then applies a pattern to it, letting you decide where each finger will be played in what octave. I don't know what 'random' generation may be present, I don't see that, but you could say you may get 'random' results that you didn't expect when using it, actually that is a given, but you can also control nicely what it plays.
"Random" was my wording, but a better phrase would probably be "fleshing out", based on your comment above, I understand now.

How does it compare with other midi-arps, like the Kirnu?
Kirnu v 1 does a lot more, but doesn't do what Catanya does. V2 just might, it looks to have something similar. Blue Arp also has something similar, but not the same.

Timecore is very similar to Catanys, nearly the same execution, and it is free:

http://loopmasons.com/free/Timecore.rar

It also seems a little wonky timing-wise but if you are recording the arp just use input quantize and you will fix whatever is shaky.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Is there a manual for Timecore? Looks just like Catanya (almost).

I may have thought twice about buying Catanya if I'd remembered this one.

Still no answer or product from 7Aliens after purchase.

VitaminD wrote:I never really understood the concept of their advertisements. They have a lady in a red dress with red hair with a finger in front of her lips, pointing it at her nose.. I guess she is telling everyone to be quiet. But why?

They could have had an oompa loompa with a giant lollypop in front of it's face and it would have been just as logical.
She's pretty. Soft smooth skin, pretty eyes. :)

I've been thinking about getting Catanya, but all this talk about lack of support is making me nervous...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I received Catanya (a bit late). If you use PayPal for it, you might be waiting more than 24 hours. I think it may have taken 2-3 days to get mine. After I reported it to PayPal, I got a response with the file and serial.

That really is crazy that they are continuing to pay for advertising on here (I am literally looking at one of the ads directly under this Quick Reply box as I type) but they cease to exist if you email them. Terrible business practice. Well again, for me, the selling point of Catanya is that Preset Library, but I can't run it on a Mac anyway, so the quest continues. Guess I'll check Timecore and Pattern Arp next.

Has anyone else compared Catanya and Timecore? I've been going back and forth, playing with both of them to see how they measure up. For some inexplicable reason, I feel like I'm getting better results with Catanya, even though they appear to be virtually identical. Perhaps there is something subtly different in the way they handle input from multiple simultaneous MIDI notes? Also, I have to agree that the presets in Catanya are a big selling point, because they cover so much of the territory I would be arranging by myself anyway.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I have problems with the W2 Harmonizer not playing every time and the midi stream cutting out. There is no support for their products. So you get what you got. Cthulhu and Kirnu Cream are supported. Check them out instead.
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

W2 Harmonizer doesn't handle legato, that is it's big defect or I would use it a lot more. When i asked the developer about it he said that was the way it is designed and not to play legato, which is not an acceptable answer to me. It makes it tedious and unmusical. So now what i am doing that is working well for me is using Live's Chord plugin > Scale plugin and that does a really good job getting a lot of W2's functionality. Of course you can't invert each chord individually but for driving arpeggiators it is a good solution and costs nothing extra.

I bought both W2 and Catanya, I really wish the developer were more responsive, I supported him because I thought his products were worthy, unfortunately he doesn't seem to think supporting us in a reasonable, responsive way is a priority, so I have basically moved on. Kirnu has a pattern editor now, many options are available now and all things considered I wouldn't buy either 7Aliens products again.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Where are they now?
And the beat goes on...

Mister Gibson wrote:Where are they now?
They are still there, but $5 will now get you CM magazine with a much better arp in NoraCM than Catanya.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/fre ... -cm-631462

Many of you ask what happened with 7Aliens? And the answer is here.

Idea of Catanya doesn’t have a commercial potential in a form of MIDI plugin. Classic PCM synth is that the idea needs. Then a tool comparable with HW workstations like Yamaha Motif and Korg Karma is developed. Catanya was able to finance the costs a such a project only until the crack version came and later the competition also affected it as no arpeggiator had been in the market till its arrival. Before 7Aliens establishment the friend looked for Motif like arpeggiator and I couldn’t persuade him that there was no such VST plugin. Finally, he persuaded me to develop it and Catanya was the result.

The fact that Catanya was not able to finance the further development made us to search another way. We launched two other projects concerning graphics. At that time Ludmila who provided support left our team (she moved to Australia). Today work on the above projects is almost done and out new teams prepares planes for Catanya.

Feel free to contact us.

The website is gone, so presumably so is 7aliens. :(

KEv

Return to “Instruments”