Hypersonic 2 vs Purity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well i just found the vst purity and tried the demo a bit.

i'm thinking of purchasing it but dunno yet. i think with hypersonic2 i already have nearly everything what purity has with the korg digital and analog edition.

would you recommend me the purity vst as an addition?

Purity is absolutely HORRIBLE sounding. Worse than a Casio keyboard, borderline Soundblaster GM quality.
You are currently reading my signature.

Purity doesn't sound that bad......and it doesn't require a Pace Dongle.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Obviously just my opinion, but yea, it does sound that bad.

Isn't Purity basically unsupported now anyway? I'd of thought Halion Sonic would be a better bet, or Nexus 2.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

As far as the overall engine there is so much potential since it is a true 'rompler'. Hardly any true romplers in the plugin world. They could have upgraded the sound sources which are really the only problem, but they have neglected it. So much potential just gone to waste.

Yea, the dongle sucks. I hate them. As far as the original (dated) question... HS2 hands down.

I don't own Purity, but after hearing the demo I'm no closer convinced to purchase it. The sounds from Purity is not worth the effort if you ask me.

You're better off with Pheonome and the Fluid R3 soundfont. Gives you a similar sound, and it's free.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

thanks for all the answers but this question was already very old :).

i think i would buy it just for 10 dollars or something but i better go with halion sonic (still dont own it!).

djanthonyw wrote:Obviously just my opinion, but yea, it does sound that bad.
You are certainly entitled to be wrong...............
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

djanthonyw wrote:Purity is absolutely HORRIBLE sounding. Worse than a Casio keyboard, borderline Soundblaster GM quality.
Wait a minute.........I didn't notice......... you bumped a 10 month old thread? Just to plug your sale? Wow. :roll:

Teksonik wrote:You are certainly entitled to be wrong...............
I agree, you certainly are entitled to be wrong.
Teksonik wrote:Wait a minute.........I didn't notice......... you bumped a 10 month old thread? Just to plug your sale? Wow. :roll:
Actually, I stumbled upon this thread because I was looking up Hypersonic 2 reviews. If you read my posts correctly you would see:
djanthonyw wrote:As far as the original (dated) question... HS2 hands down.
Show me where I "plugged my sale".

If you'll read your own signature............
djanthonyw wrote:Need a good all around workstation plugin? Plugsound Pro for sale, only $79. PM me!

------------

Teksonik wrote:If you'll read your own signature...........
We are talking about this thread, not my signature.

Wow - I didn't realize you could still buy Purity - but looks like the website is still up and going. I bought it years ago but didn't find myself using it much - HS2 won out. If the OP still cares after these long 10 months I'd suggest HALion Sonic - http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=show&id=4508

It was well worth the $99 upgrade price ...and sounds a LOT better than Purity :hihi:

djanthonyw wrote:
Teksonik wrote:If you'll read your own signature...........
We are talking about this thread, not my signature.
And what would be the difference? Can you tell where the post ends and the sig starts (other than the four dashes)?

Actually if you had bumped this thread to hype your sale it would have at least been for a purpose. Bumping it just to answer a question that has been forgotten months and months ago is totally pointless. I'm sure if you look hard enough there are questions from 2005 that haven't been answered..........maybe you could give them a go.

I'm just fcuking with you...........
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”