Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bronswerk wrote:I'm in doubt to be honest. Since I've invested so much time in it, I feel that some rewarding would be nice. I was thinking of about 50 euros or so for a paid version. But this project is still far from finished.
Understood: thanks for the response.

I would say don't release it for free. I'm sure we would all love something free... but definitely you've put a lot of work into this and certainly deserve something in return. I would certainly pay 50 Euros. I've paid more for things that have turned out to be not so useful.

The other plus would be having some income coming in from this project so that you could continue to develop and fix bugs, etc. as needed.

So, you have my full support! :D
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Nice work Bronswerk. Glad you are keeping the Improvisor alive.

FYI, if anyone wants a sequencer that can do real time harmonic transposition, check out the old Yamaha QY series of hardware sequencers. You can create a pattern which consists of your own phrases. For each phrase, you specify chord root note (C, C#, D, etc.) and type (M, M7, m, m7, m6, etc.). When you play a chord on your keyboard, the patterns can transpose to the new chord. You can save your chord changes on the Chord Track. I'm sure the Improvisor has additional functionality but there is some overlap.

Sequent wrote:I would say don't release it for free [...] you've put a lot of work into this and certainly deserve something in return. I would certainly pay 50 Euros. I've paid more for things that have turned out to be not so useful.

The other plus would be having some income coming in from this project so that you could continue to develop and fix bugs, etc. as needed.

+1
Exactly what I'm thinking, too....

I have a regular look at this thread, as this tool is exactly what I'm dreaming of and for sure will purchase it when time will come. By the way, take your time & keep up the good work...

Yes I'd pay 50 euros for it. Or perhaps you could do a subscription like Wusik do( I am a subscriber). Say 5 euros a month for membership and you get free upgrades and any new apps you make.

Sequent wrote: I would certainly pay 50 Euros. I've paid more for things that have turned out to be not so useful.
+1 from here!

2 new videos uploaded on Youtube, free improvisations, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVTFua1CZYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFFc0AgZec

I'm planning to release a demo version, no saving of sequences, but for the rest fully functional.

currently working on the manual, very time consuming... :cry:

Thank you for everything, this is definitely one of those moments in my life worth remembering.
One of those days wil also be a day when parts of GUI that are most often used (16 scene) get big enough so Zyklus can be operated directly by touch screen.
Many parameters in each slot do not have to cover so much space, it could be enough with just one landscape-mode slot containing all from Page to Layer and 8 buttons below. Those parameters are not used in real-time interaction with musician and can easily be made "touch screen friendly".
thanks again!

Good to see this is still "plugging" along :)

This is really impressive :)

Cheers
Dennis

bronswerk wrote: I'm planning to release a demo version, no saving of sequences, but for the rest fully functional.

currently working on the manual, very time consuming... :cry:
Nice idea, can we have it for Christmas? :love:

Forget the manual and give us the beef. :love:

Currently I'm using a psr-s910 to do this kind of stuff (just using the midi routed to my daw), but recording your own pattern is a real pain and globally it's pretty limited.
Obviously your app should do a far better job.

Btw, does it support midi clock input ?

mbncp wrote: Btw, does it support midi clock input ?
Yes.

The demo will take a little longer to arrive... One of the reasons is that I want to include a special "Follow Root" mode each slot can have. This is particular useful when using bass patterns.

Will there be versions for both PC and Mac?

carfian wrote:Will there be versions for both PC and Mac?
Sorry, only Windows.

But that doesn't means that a Mac version is out of the question. In theory it should be possible to transfer the Max files to a Mac computer and from there create a new stand alone version, so every Mac user can use it. But I rely heavily on Java and I'm not sure how this will work out.

Another possibility is to use the original Max files. They can be read by both platforms. But you must have Max for that. And I'm not publishing my Max files (yet).

For now I'm concentrating on making the Windows demo version. It's a stand alone "application". The word application is a bit misleading because it's in fact a runtime version of Max with my patch build in.

Return to “Instruments”