Vengeance Producer Suite: Metrum. DrumSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ordered Metrum a couple of weeks ago. I can't get it to function on my WinXP Ableton Live production computer. Tried to get a refund. They want me to send my dongle to them before they will refund me...

Unusable $200 software. Worst customer support I've ever experienced and I've purchased thousands in music production software. Left me hanging for two weeks and didn't respond until I bugged them again.

Danger, Will Robinson.

wesleymayhem wrote:I ordered Metrum a couple of weeks ago. I can't get it to function on my WinXP Ableton Live production computer. Tried to get a refund. They want me to send my dongle to them before they will refund me...

Unusable $200 software. Worst customer support I've ever experienced and I've purchased thousands in music production software. Left me hanging for two weeks and didn't respond until I bugged them again.

Danger, Will Robinson.
What? They want your own personal dongle? :-o

If her software not work, they should give the money back, erase your buyed license and done...

They are sending me a dongle from Germany. I will transfer the license to it and send it back. Then, they will refund me. Unreal how they are sacrificing a potential long-term customer for 200 bucks.

just on the subject of protection all syncrosoft and ilok have been cracked hell waves has being cracked for mac all the plugins every single one...so its useless protection they have to think of something else i have a dongle myself but sometimes it can be a pain but i would use anything to use my cubase :love: bottom line its the same as the games on pc assassinsa creed 2 uses always on protection which means you must have the game connected to the ubisoft server at all times to play the game it was cracked the first day and the server crashed so people who payed for the game could not play it(me :x :lol: ) but people with the crack could play it fine...all im saying is we really need to rethink protection i mean is it really doing anything only causeing US the customers problems sorry i am totally anti warez but its something to think about!im a pc user myself so i have no idea how the protection differs from pc to mac!

wesleymayhem wrote:They are sending me a dongle from Germany. I will transfer the license to it and send it back. Then, they will refund me. Unreal how they are sacrificing a potential long-term customer for 200 bucks.
Then i missunderstand that with the dongle :lol:

wesleymayhem wrote:I ordered Metrum a couple of weeks ago. I can't get it to function on my WinXP Ableton Live production computer. Tried to get a refund. They want me to send my dongle to them before they will refund me...

Danger, Will Robinson.
Is your DAW online? I have an offline DAW and I had problems with syncrosofts license management because I needed to update the protection software and then transfer my dongle to an online computer to download the license.

I realise it is probably way too late to offer advice but I only just read your post! :oops:

Incidentally, I bought Metrum and I haven't used it much but I see good potential for it. The way I see it it is as a framework for layering samples and sine transients that is expensive but if I were to buy the vengeance sample packs to do the same job it would probably work out equally expensive with less flexibility as they would already be layered up and processed to the max with gated reverb and stereo imaging on many of the samples.

I would rather build up my own layered samples and choose the effects and mix of the component parts myself.

For the people who suggest it is the anti-thesis of 'proper' layering and synthesis and that buying this plugin will somehow stop people from creating original drums and/or learning anything about drum synthesis, you must realise that is not true. Metrum has a sine oscillator with envelopes you can control and you can modulate the pitch and amplitude of on a scale with real information about timings in milliseconds and frequency in Hz. The envelopes are similar in terms of the information you can see to absynth (which also allows for the layering of samples).

I know people here love to flame vengeance and refx and I get it (- they are over-priced ROMplers full of noob-attracting pheromones), but respected artists like sub focus admit to using vengeance samples. He also uses NI's Massive extensively even though he is a professional, is highly skilled and not nooby in the least :-o .

I realise I may get slighty flame-grilled for this post but I am gonna stick my neck out and say metrum is a good tool and although the pitch envelope only goes down to 40hz (which is pretty poor :roll: ) it should appeal to professionals and even *gulp* sound designers as a flexible and intuitave way to organise and play with their drum sounds.

I wouldn't have bought it for myself at full price because it is way too expensive but I think it would make a good christmas present :wink: .

I think KVRers will appreciate the irony of how I came to afford such a lavish and opulent toy - I used my winnings from the Camel Audio Alchemy (awesome synth) sound design competition!

To be honest I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for my unexpected income but transient design is an area that I'm interested in so I had often wondered about this plugin.

Sorry about the rambling but basically I think - it is what it is - a sine oscillator plus ROMpler bundled with some Vengeance samples. I think it is expensive but offers more value than buying Vengeance sample packs alone for my money. :D

Flame on! :wink:

as far as i can see a demo is now available for all their products (though offcause it requires the usb dongle, doh!).. still noone tried it? just curious, and since im very new to the whole music scene, and iim interested in making mainly trance productions, i thought this could be an pretty nice way to get a look at how you make an effektive kick (and finding techniques you can apply elsewhere?)

slein wrote:as far as i can see a demo is now available for all their products (though offcause it requires the usb dongle, doh!).. still noone tried it? just curious, and since im very new to the whole music scene, and iim interested in making mainly trance productions, i thought this could be an pretty nice way to get a look at how you make an effektive kick (and finding techniques you can apply elsewhere?)
If you are into trance it should be right up your alley, most the kicks they do are very housey, trancey etc. and they are good quality IMO.

I'm into a bit of all styles. As far as metrum goes... Nah I still prefer Kicklab XXL, Microtonic, Attack, and ofcourse Drumaxx for my kicks.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

gdev1981 wrote:If you are into trance it should be right up your alley, most the kicks they do are very housey, trancey etc. and they are good quality IMO.
thats what ive heard, and im gonna try tthe demo, buuut its a bit pricey to say the least..! :p
jobromedia wrote:I'm into a bit of all styles. As far as metrum goes... Nah I still prefer Kicklab XXL, Microtonic, Attack, and ofcourse Drumaxx for my kicks.
earlier in the post someone mentioned they didnt like the kicks in drumaxx (think ive seen this elsewhere as well..) and a reply that said it was being worked on in a beta, has anything been changed on this front? :) 'caus drumaxx is definitely a vst im gonna try as well, the physically modelling idea looks really interesting!!

Hi All,

Save yourself £35 a buy Metrum off me for £100. I just havent used it, got greedy really!

http://www.vengeance-sound.com/eng/VPSMetrum.html

Let me know if you're interested - Ill even throw in the iLok dongle!!

Ben

http://www.facebook.com/pages/badloader/21736727248
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzqub6G6c_I
http://soundcloud.com/benjaminburling
http://www.myspace.com/badl0ader
http://www.badloader.com

benburling wrote: Let me know if you're interested - Ill even throw in the iLok dongle!!
It uses a Syncrosoft Dongle, is iLok compatible? :?:

Just wondering :)

nope
Finally!

so as i understood it right, this is just for kicks?

no hihats or snares?

Caine123 wrote:so as i understood it right, this is just for kicks?

no hihats or snares?
That's right. Metrum is mainly about workflow for layering kicks: the question is whether you lay out the money on this or rig something up in a sampler such as Kontakt or a Live Rack + a synth. You get most bang for the buck from using modulation on the layers, but that's nothing you can't do in a regular sampler.

Return to “Instruments”