Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

One-Synth-Challenge 18 - SoHa Sonata!

User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3926 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:52 pm

MA-Simon wrote:the free "Atmosphere"

Btw, where did you find this? I can't locate it.
MA-Simon
KVRist
 
424 posts since 3 Apr, 2009, from Germany

Postby MA-Simon; Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Oh my... ! :oops:

I am really sorry! The name should have been: "Ambience"

Which you can find here:
http://www.smartelectronix.com/~magnus/
Xiangqi
KVRAF
 
3090 posts since 21 Jul, 2009

Postby Xiangqi; Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 pm

+1 for everything from Smartelectronix in general...
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3926 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:44 am

Ah yes, Ambience. :) Brilliant reverb that and the very same I'm thinking of sticking on Sonata too..
Steplton
KVRist
 
409 posts since 22 Nov, 2009

Postby Steplton; Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:23 am

V'ger wrote:Ah yes, Ambience. :) Brilliant reverb


Apropos :!: Whether I can use Reverberate LE (+ free impulses) for contests in which the reverb is allowed?

It's my main reverb for most projects.
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3926 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:54 am

Tattie will answer this, but I think an exception was made to Ambience only even if it is not freeware as it is not really donationware anymore in that donations are not possible with the donation button not working and Magnus not responding to email. I know this as I've tried to donate on Ambience.

Reverberate LE is amazing, as is Filtrate LE, but true donationware (well charityware) and Liquidsonic well and active, so I doubt will qualify for OSC.

But there are other free plugs that will trigger impulses like ReaVerb, Kefir, Boogex etc, but of course not as usable as Reverberate with its low latency and neat GUI. Nebula is an alternative also, but the free version will only use the impulses hardcoded into it and not load any other.
Steplton
KVRist
 
409 posts since 22 Nov, 2009

Postby Steplton; Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:08 am

V'ger wrote:Tattie will answer this, but I think an exception was made to Ambience only even if it is not freeware as it is not really donationware anymore in that donations are not possible with the donation button not working and Magnus not responding to email. I know this as I've tried to donate on Ambience.

Reverberate LE is amazing, as is Filtrate LE, but true donationware (well charityware) and Liquidsonic well and active, so I doubt will qualify for OSC.

But there are other free plugs that will trigger impulses like ReaVerb, Kefir, Boogex etc, but of course not as usable as Reverberate with its low latency and neat GUI. Nebula is an alternative also, but the free version will only use the impulses hardcoded into it and not load any other.


Thanks for ansver :)
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music
tattiemannie
KVRAF
 
3245 posts since 27 Dec, 2007

Postby tattiemannie; Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 am

Tattie will answer this


... hmmm ... not sure what I'm being asked to answer here.

Having ruled out reverb as a permitted fx plug, and given my reasons, it appears I'm being asked to advise re. an external reverb plug :-o

Well, most will know I tend not to jump up and down flapping my arms if anyone 'bends' the rules a bit, ... rather, I appreciate folks are honest about their 'Maradonna moments' and allow the votes to judge whether the 'bend' can be classed as a 'performance enhancing substance' or not.

However, I think it would be rather silly of me to discuss which banned fx are more acceptable than other banned fx, and what sort of banned use of said banned fx might be more acceptable than another banned method of use of said banned fx :shock: :shock: :hihi:

As I said, I am happy to carry a level of tolerance, but I can't possibly turn a blind eye if I'm dragged to the scene of the crime and forced to write a report, .... and amending the rules is a no-no! .. particularly when folks have already submitted their tracks.
.... So, sorry guys, you're on your own ..... best of luck the consequences :wink:
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3926 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:35 pm

tattiemannie wrote:
Tattie will answer this


... hmmm ... not sure what I'm being asked to answer here.

Having ruled out reverb as a permitted fx plug, and given my reasons, it appears I'm being asked to advise re. an external reverb plug :-o

Steplton wrote:Apropos :!: Whether I can use Reverberate LE (+ free impulses) for contests in which the reverb is allowed?
:wink:
Steplton
KVRist
 
409 posts since 22 Nov, 2009

Postby Steplton; Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:13 am

Nag-free versions of Ambience are now avaialble for download without donating.


The link is working now! :wink:
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3926 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:27 am

Great! Thx for the headsup. Finally a no-nag and totally free version of this good verb. :)
tattiemannie
KVRAF
 
3245 posts since 27 Dec, 2007

Postby tattiemannie; Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:55 am

OK, cheers for clearing that up ;)

... Sorry, I read the above too quickly ... missed that vital part of of Stepltons query.

OK, the bottom line is, if it is free .... and I mean legally free, available to all, and will work in a good variety of hosts, then it's OK to use it in OSC.

:)
Steplton
KVRist
 
409 posts since 22 Nov, 2009

Postby Steplton; Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:58 am

tattiemannie wrote:OK, the bottom line is, if it is free .... and I mean legally free, available to all, and will work in a good variety of hosts, then it's OK to use it in OSC.

:)


It's GOOD news ;) Thanks!
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music
tattiemannie
KVRAF
 
3245 posts since 27 Dec, 2007

Postby tattiemannie; Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:03 am

Tell you what though ..... I've not come across much charityware, and I am very much in favour of encouraging donations to charitable causes. So if anyone were to use a plug which could only be downloaded on the condition they made a modest donation to a named charity, I would be hard pressed to raise any objection, and would also find it difficult not to shape a favourable ear towards the track .... but that's just my opinion :)
Steplton
KVRist
 
409 posts since 22 Nov, 2009

Postby Steplton; Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:34 am

tattiemannie wrote:I've not come across much charityware, and I am very much in favour of encouraging donations to charitable causes. So if anyone were to use a plug which could only be downloaded on the condition they made a modest donation to a named charity, I would be hard pressed to raise any objection, and would also find it difficult not to shape a favourable ear towards the track


It's fair remark :tu:
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments