Sound Bank Metaphysical Function Eternity available on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I can't seem to get Kore to learn some of its params? Is it set up differently to the original MF regarding automation ID's?
I didn't mess with the Automation IDs, adding the 2 sliders for Spin level and global level shouldn't have messed up any IDs. When you click on a module and then open the properties you can check the Auto IDs. If I set my DAW (Logic) to latch/write and move any of the yellow faders automation gets recorded as it should.
Something has changed. For example in the old MF it is possible to turn on/off the filter, spin, resochord, reverb etc modules using Kore buttons but on this version it's not picking them up. In the old version I can learn reverb mix, spin levels etc but on this I can only learn cutoff/res and distortion mix/drive. Kore isn't able to pick up anything else.
Well there are about 15 "old" versions of MF starting with Reaktor 4 - each version can have different IDs as I learned in the NI Forum today reading a post by Jim Hurley.
When using this MF ensemble in Logic all yellow MF faders will record Automation fine, so maybe it's just a matter of reassigning AUTO IDs in Reaktor.
I checked the automation ID for the reverb mix which is one of the currently non learnable params and it is identical to the number for the working version. This is strange - maybe it's a PC issue but I also tried automating those controls in Reaper and I get the same issue as in Kore - the only learnable params are in the filter and distortion modules - none of the rest are learnable despite the numbers being the same. I can't see what is wrong though or how to fix it.
Just to say I have fixed this now and will upload a version that is more compatible with Kore to the user library as soon as I've finished testing it. I've also made a Kore template for MF (I know there is one that comes with Reaktor but it's not very comprehensive) and have started making enhanced ksd versions of some of Simon's patches with 8 morphing variations apiece.

Great stuff Stephen, thank's for this!

I've uploaded the Ensemble to the User Library:

https://co.native-instruments.com/index ... tchid=9831
This is just the same Stereo Metaphysical Function that has been uploaded already by Simon Stockhausen and then Jim Hurley but the automation wasn't working in Kore 2 - this version has the most useful automation params enabled for Kore 2 and also comes with a Kore template for Kore 2 adding extra levels of control over the sound and several example patches based on MF Eternity by Simon but with 8 variations that can be morphed. The idea is to add an interactive and performance element to MF rather than it just being something to listen and chill out to. More KoreSounds to come but this is partly to test if it works. I have removed the MF Eternity snaps and sample map from this upload for obvious reasons so you will need to purchase them from Simon's site separately.
All I've done to the ensemble is re-enable the disabled params and put the cap on automation at a more realistic level (it was set to 100 even though the automation ID's went up to nearly 250). This is so it will work in Kore 2 - in some hosts like older versions of Live that don't like automation params over 128 there might be problems. In Kore this opens up the possibility of using MF much more as a performance instrument and I've created a more comprehensive controller template to enable that.

Many thanks for this Stephen :tu:

EDIT - Stephen could you remind me where to add the Kore template and KSD sound example files please, i've forgotten where these go - thanks :)
Savaran - Ambient, Soundscaping and Electronic tracks at Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/savaran

synthtweaker wrote:Many thanks for this Stephen :tu:

EDIT - Stephen could you remind me where to add the Kore template and KSD sound example files please, i've forgotten where these go - thanks :)
I would use the load sound dialogue initially to load the template (Kore File menu). It will possibly open a blank Reaktor initially as pathways will be different on your system. In Reaktor open the MF ensemble from the user lib and load it up with Simon's sample map and snapshots then resave that to a place of your choosing, then resave (save as) the Koretemplate to where you want to keep it.

After that you can either load and save as the others ksd's (you shouldn't have to do the other bits again) or put then in your user sounds folder and rescan the user folder (in Kore options)

It's a bit more complicated than usual as I can't include the snaps and samples with them for obvious reasons and I don't know what file locations you will use in advance.

Thanks Stephen
Savaran - Ambient, Soundscaping and Electronic tracks at Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/savaran

Does that work for you? If it does then I will upload some more morphing presets to my own site but I was a bit uncertain how well this would all work on other people's computers so wanted to test that out first (as so much seems to depend on various files being in the right paths and I can't control that)

Sorry Simon if I'm butting into your thread - maybe I should start my own :?:

Hi

No - its not working i'm afraid, possibly user error though!

In Kore 2 via Load Sound I load the Metaphysical Function Stereo template.ksd file then double click on the Metaphysical Function source slot that is loaded and Reaktor 5 appears. It reports File Not Found with the message:

The following file, used for the Local Copy, was not found: E:\Sharing\...\MF Eternity\Metaphysical Function stereo LK v1.3 fixed.ens The original file was: E:\Sharing\...\MF Eternity\Metaphysical Function stereo LK v1.3 fixed.ens Please locate the ensemble to load

So I locate the above ensemble and then get a whole load of messages about locating lost .wav files all with the same messages eg.

\Users\simonstockhausen\Music\Universe of Sound\Audio Micro\wav collect\Loops\Shimmering Beauty Loop.wav could not be found

or

\Volumes\VSL Audio Disk\Logic Projects Audio\Kollekte\Crusher Collect\hits\Audio Files\fryingpan.wav could not be found

In all 51 sounds are not found, ie presumably the whole Map. I am asked if I would like to locate or replace each file - if I choose No or Cancel I crash back to desktop. If I choose Yes and locate the Map file for each sample I still eventually get a crash message and Kore 2 closes.

Not sure what I am going wrong :?

aMUSEd wrote:
Sorry Simon if I'm butting into your thread - maybe I should start my own :?:
I don't mind at all, it's related to the release of my Sound Bank somehow so why not keep all issues in 1 thread...

synthtweaker wrote:
I don't use Kore but that sounds like you should load my Bank (the snaps and the map) into Stephens modified version first and then start the Kore integration process.

synthtweaker wrote:Hi

No - its not working i'm afraid, possibly user error though!

In Kore 2 via Load Sound I load the Metaphysical Function Stereo template.ksd file then double click on the Metaphysical Function source slot that is loaded and Reaktor 5 appears. It reports File Not Found with the message:

The following file, used for the Local Copy, was not found: E:\Sharing\...\MF Eternity\Metaphysical Function stereo LK v1.3 fixed.ens The original file was: E:\Sharing\...\MF Eternity\Metaphysical Function stereo LK v1.3 fixed.ens Please locate the ensemble to load

So I locate the above ensemble and then get a whole load of messages about locating lost .wav files all with the same messages eg.

\Users\simonstockhausen\Music\Universe of Sound\Audio Micro\wav collect\Loops\Shimmering Beauty Loop.wav could not be found

or

\Volumes\VSL Audio Disk\Logic Projects Audio\Kollekte\Crusher Collect\hits\Audio Files\fryingpan.wav could not be found

In all 51 sounds are not found, ie presumably the whole Map. I am asked if I would like to locate or replace each file - if I choose No or Cancel I crash back to desktop. If I choose Yes and locate the Map file for each sample I still eventually get a crash message and Kore 2 closes.

The messages about lost wavs refer to Simon's sample map file. You need to load that too. Simon's advice sounds like a good plan - put the bits of the ensemble together first - then load it into Kore. So:

1) Load the ensemble I uploaded to the user library into Reaktor - it will still complain about not finding the wav files but hopefully dismissing them won't lead to a crash (it does this with Simon's version too but I didn't have any crashes)
3) Load Simon's sample map file by doubleclicking on the sample window in the ensemble and using the menu that will appear in the sample mapper.
4) Load the snapshots file (ssf) using the dialogue in the snapshots tab
5) Save the Reaktor ensemble to a location of your choice
6) Then open the template ksd, it will ask for the correct ensemble so load that then resave the ksd.
7) You might need to repeat step 6 for the other KoreSounds too

I'm trying to get aMUSEd's fixed version of MF to work, but am also having problems. Despite following the instructions, I get no audio out at all. Snapshots and sample map are loaded correctly (and work fine in Simon's MF 1.1); however, I would like to try aMUSEd's Kore template and that apparently only works with MF 1.3. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Just reporting back that I followed Stephen's instructions exactly today and got the same problem with no sound. I checked all the usual things like volume and audio in/out settings etc plus also tried different parameters and snapshots in case the MF interface was stuck, but nothing happened.

I have no trouble with Simon's stereo 1.1, that all loads fine.

Try unchecking the mute - it seems to load with mute on sometimes (not sure why) - try resaving with mute off

OK I've updated the Zip in the User lib with a few more KoreSounds and fixed the mute issue myself - it seems when I removed the automation disable for mute it saved that version muted! Now it should open unmuted.

Return to “Soundware”