Granite OSX Public Beta - Open Invite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the ones concerned with the dual monitor problem, I tested the last built from James and the bug is fixed now!

Time to go tweak those knobs to death now... :D

Cheers James for your great work! I love Granite, a dangerous weapon added to my granular arsenal.

Neon Breath wrote:For the ones concerned with the dual monitor problem, I tested the last built from James and the bug is fixed now!

Cheers James for your great work! I love Granite, a dangerous weapon added to my granular arsenal.
Thanks Neon for the confirmation of the bug fix :)

For those interested, the update has now been released publically and the demo version has also been updated.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

This thing is a fantastic thing.

Perfect for what I'm trying to do tonight.

Thanks for your work.

- c

Hi Folks,

I'm really enjoying this for tweakability, but I'm having trouble in Ableton Live (OSX) -- the automation data don't show up in the Arrangement View. I hear the results but can't edit them if I need to. Anyone else having trouble?

Thanks.

Actually you're right, I just tried.
It's really weird, 'cause I can swear it's been working in previous versions. I know in Logic it doesn't work but I seem to remember it to work right in Live.

In the meantime, you can just use the Ableton control view to automate Granite (the little triangle next to the bypass button.

Hi Folks,

Another issue. I discovered I never installed the latest build, so I did that thinking it would solve the problem. Not only did it not solve the problem, it wiped out all the settings I'd tweaked and went back to its defaults. Updates don't normally behave like that.

A couple other requests:

Support for .aif as well as .wav files. mp3, aac, etc would be even better. Some other granulators (DensityGS already do this). Granite clearly wins on idiot-proof tweakability, though, as well as built in modulation, so I look forward to seeing it develop.

The timeline modulation in Live is also really important for how I work. I improvise mixes and then go back and tweak and nudge them for a finished product.

Is there a AU 64bit version available yet ?

CANE CREEK wrote:Is there a AU 64bit version available yet ?
... It's in beta right now. Don't know when the final release is planned though.

taoyoyo wrote:
CANE CREEK wrote:Is there a AU 64bit version available yet ?
... It's in beta right now. Don't know when the final release is planned though.
Thanks for the reply

Just trying the demo now.

Is it possible to stop Granites loop cycle and trigger (stop/start) it via midi ?

In other words get it to play only when i hit notes ?

CANE CREEK wrote:Just trying the demo now.

Is it possible to stop Granites loop cycle and trigger (stop/start) it via midi ?

If you turn 'Gate' on it stops the loop from auto-playing...

I haven't delved too far into Granite but in the main menu (top left... down arrow) there is a setup option with midi learn options.

newsonicarts wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:For the ones concerned with the dual monitor problem, I tested the last built from James and the bug is fixed now!

Thanks Neon for the confirmation of the bug fix :)

For those interested, the update has now been released publically and the demo version has also been updated.
Hi James,

Great job with Granite! I too would like to try the latest beta on my multiple montitor setup. Could you PM me the link? Thank you!

Best,
geekboy

taoyoyo wrote:

I haven't delved too far into Granite but in the main menu (top left... down arrow) there is a setup option with midi learn options.
Thank you , How the hell did i miss that lol

CANE CREEK wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:

Thank you , How the hell did i miss that lol
No worries mate... it took me a minute or two to figure it out! :)

Return to “Instruments”