Stuck! Can't get Miroslav Philharmonik to install correctly on my new PC.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We can agree to disagree (or agree that I disagree) with your notion that a 3-year old thread being necro'd is more effective than a company's support team. I understand that you are not satisfied because your particular issue is not resolved, but they resolve many each day and in a trackable system that helps if there is an issue that someone here at IK needs to rectify for everybody if that is the case.
First of all, you commented first on this '3 year old necro'd thread'.
And I have received good information from both sources.

As I said, I haven't dismissed support, neither do I dismiss the experience of other users.
I'm not sure why you do.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We can agree to disagree (or agree that I disagree) with your notion that a 3-year old thread being necro'd is more effective than a company's support team. I understand that you are not satisfied because your particular issue is not solved, but they resolve many each day and in a trackable system that helps if there is an issue that someone here at IK needs to rectify for everybody if that is the case.
I just ran into this myself. Trying to install Sampletank 2.5 on windows 8 64 bit.

I opened a support ticket and scoured the forums. IK came through with the right info, but by then I already had it installed ans was playing. So, yes, an ancient thread can be extremely effective.

It's not like this is some long forgotten issue that was fixed years ago. Necroing a 3 year old thread is perfectly fine when the info contained is still relevant. IK has made no changes to address this issue in 3 years, but some of us are still learning about it for the first time. :shrug:

Yes, when the information is correct and helpful that is true. There's also heaps of incorrect information, and bumps that really only happen because someone is unhappy with a totally unrelated ticket that the team is working with them on (just as a random example), etc. But you are correct - when the information is correct it is good, but also when people don't also report to our team, it will not be on the proper radar for a fix. I don't know if the workaround in this case was found acceptable internally as a solution, etc, since obviously it was reported to our team but I am happy to amend my statement to "best to ALSO contact support so it can become a tracked issue and fixed for others or globally if necessary".

Or as one of the oldest computer repair / IT jokes on the 'net explains from a list of things computer techs should ask: "Did you have 'a friend who knows about computers' try to fix it? That'll be +$50 to the bill" ;)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Yes, when the information is correct and helpful that is true. There's also heaps of incorrect information, and bumps that really only happen because someone is unhappy with a totally unrelated ticket that the team is working with them on (just as a random example), etc. But you are correct - when the information is correct it is good, but also when people don't also report to our team, it will not be on the proper radar for a fix. I don't know if the workaround in this case was found acceptable internally as a solution, etc, since obviously it was reported to our team but I am happy to amend my statement to "best to ALSO contact support so it can become a tracked issue and fixed for others or globally if necessary".

Or as one of the oldest computer repair / IT jokes on the 'net explains from a list of things computer techs should ask: "Did you have 'a friend who knows about computers' try to fix it? That'll be +$50 to the bill" ;)
Sometimes we really don't know if the support team is really working on it.
And the fact is, most of us no longer have a 'friend try to fix it' but have enough knowledge and network in places where others have enoguh knowledge to offer possibilities (much like support teams that have problems figuring it out too).

Most of the IKM products I would have to place in the category of two heads are better than one. (And don't worry, it's been a few days, but I've learned to never expect communication from support on the weekends).
I'm hoping my particular issues are something simple that neither I or support has had need to consider before. Maybe someone else has already gone through it and can point it out?
I'm sure not trying to cut any available resource out just to save someone elses ego, including my own.

Return to “Instruments”