Native Instruments holiday gift - Free "Skanner" Reaktor ensemble!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

works now, but how do i just have the sampleplayback?

i just drag and dropped a kick drum but when i hit the key i hear a padlike sound i want just the dry kick drum played and then effect :)

Caine123 wrote:works now, but how do i just have the sampleplayback?

i just drag and dropped a kick drum but when i hit the key i hear a padlike sound i want just the dry kick drum played and then effect :)
I wouldn't use Skanner for simple sample playback. I doubt that it's even possible. You may get something close to the original sample if tune the Oscs way down (Haven't really played much with Skanner yet).
But that's really not the intended use of Skanner. There are enough simple sample players available :)
Skanner is more like a weird cross between wavetable synthesis, sampling and phase distortion.
It's probably worth to read the manual.

Cheers
Dennis

I've spent the last 30 minutes testing Skanner. And I'm just deeply impressed with what this beast can do. Got the opportunity to download this beast? Then do it!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Just got it yesterday.. wow, it's quite a lot of fun!
thanks N.I
(worth grabbing while you can..)

Does anyone have a copy of the installer?
My HDD got corrupted due to Yamaha drivers :(
I don't know how else to get it anymore. I have the personal serial they send but no way to re-download this...
Lenovo W520, i7-2820QM, 16GB Ram, SIIG Firewire Express Card with TI chip, Profire 610, MR816X

That is very interesting that it's nowhere on the NI site. They even had the Kore Player up long after it was discontinued. Maybe a newer version in the works? Sorry can't help with download.

ScotchTape - I had a similar problem. I wrote NI and they won't supply a new installer. Someone here posted the files, but not the installer. If you have Reaktor, that should be enough. You can import the files. You can do this with Reaktor Player, but I believe it is time-limited.

I would like a copy of the installer as well if anyone still has it.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Hmmm, that's pretty stink of NI, especially if you can email them your serial and lost the install file through a corrupted HDD :|
Eternitysound VST Banks

They also moved the sticky thread about it on their forum (to the general forum) which is funny because the CHA-OSC Christmas gift thread from 2009 is still sticky and mikro prism from 2010 Christmas is still available as a free gift download. Skanner was pulled at around the same time that Stephan Schmitt announced his new business and moved into his new offices with house warming party and everything. I would conclude that he decided he wants to keep the Skanner technology for himself and his new software company for whatever mysterious reason.
miedex

miedex wrote:They also moved the sticky thread about it on their forum (to the general forum) which is funny because the CHA-OSC Christmas gift thread from 2009 is still sticky and mikro prism from 2010 Christmas is still available as a free gift download. Skanner was pulled at around the same time that Stephan Schmitt announced his new business and moved into his new offices with house warming party and everything. I would conclude that he decided he wants to keep the Skanner technology for himself and his new software company for whatever mysterious reason.
What a bunch of nonsense :shock: Yeah after thousand of people have it on their hDD someone is trying to keep technology for himself. How stupid is that?

If you read their forum you'll find these problem exist with any of their ensemble (currently there is one exactly same thread about Prism).OP Just open support ticket and wait a few days. You'll get what you want. Faster then whining here...

kmonkey wrote: What a bunch of nonsense :shock: Yeah after thousand of people have it on their hDD someone is trying to keep technology for himself. How stupid is that?

If you read their forum you'll find these problem exist with any of their ensemble (currently there is one exactly same thread about Prism).OP Just open support ticket and wait a few days. You'll get what you want. Faster then whining here...

Well they did remove the Skanner page from the website a couple or more weeks ago. It would make sense if Stephan decided on a whim that he wanted to take Skanner concepts with him if he intended to base a real C plugin on it. The facts is that they removed it without have ever mentioned that it was a limited time offer (which hasn't been the case with christmas ensembles) so something interesting is probably the case.
miedex

Ye, I actually have the emails still advertising it, and nowhere did it mention that it was a limited time offer, so I'm not surprised people are peeved... yet for some or other reason (might have been on the DL page, I can't remeber) I was always under the assumption that it was a limited time offer, "get it now or loose out" type of thing.
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Ye, I actually have the emails still advertising it, and nowhere did it mention that it was a limited time offer
the one they called a 'Christmas gift'?

didn't realise Christmas was permanent. well, that's me off home for the rest of Christmas 1981...

I found it on a music magazine DVD yesterday, but it's almost 300mb. That would take me far too long to upload, and I wouldn't know where to put it. Besides that, I had to authorize it with my NI Service Center and the serial number they sent.

osiris wrote:I found it on a music magazine DVD yesterday, but it's almost 300mb. That would take me far too long to upload, and I wouldn't know where to put it. Besides that, I had to authorize it with my NI Service Center and the serial number they sent.
it's on german BEAT magazines.

Return to “Instruments”