Diversion vs Helix vs Omnisphere vs Synthmaster vs etc. (for subtractive synthesis)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

A really good subtractive synth to complement Omnisphere?

Dmitry Sches Diversion!
24%
Audjoo Helix!
9%
KV331 Audio SynthMaster!
43%
Spectrasonics Omnisphere alone is sufficient.
24%

Total votes: 70

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Acer Hyperspace wrote:I really like Diversion, and I plan to make it my main subtractive synth. But I also love Helix. I really like Synthmaster too. I love Omnisphere so much that it is already in my list of to-purchase.

And I don't have that much money to buy all. Basically, I want a really powerful subtractive synth (or a hybrid synth that has subtractive synthesis) that can complement Omnisphere, already in my list of to-purchase.

-Helix sounds great, and I really like it. But it feels a little old and outdated compared to the other synths.
-Diversion is next up. Sounds weak, and not to my liking anymore.
-Synthmaster sounds nice, but it felt a little bad. After some experimenting I began to like it again!
-Diva sounds great as well. Still testing out and a little hesitant to jump in...

Basically what I need is a synth that does electronic music well. Fat basses, soaring leads, dreamy pads and atmospheres, weird FX and the like. And then I need it to be a flexible synth for sound design purposes.

And, I don't mean monster synths! I just want an extra-flexible subtractive synth, that's all...

Thanks for your input! Gotta stop myself from over-spending this Christmas :lol:
I'd recommend to check Corona and Discovery Pro. They are very competitive feature wise with the synths you are mentioning.

CM is the be all and end all, but hey, desert island synth... who can argue with that :shrug:

Definitely SM2.5!
Eternitysound VST Banks

I like Dune...it sounds so smooth and full compared to the other virtual analog synths. I also like SynthMaster because of its flexibility in adding samples to the mix to create really pleasing and familiar sounds that are still capable of being transformed.

Return to “Instruments”