Steinberg Padshop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jowen wrote:Using Motu MachFive3 with the IRCAM Granular with sample import is real fun, the same with the Kyma from Symbolic Sound I am allowed to use from time to time.

A PresetGranularSynth makes no sense at all!

my two cents
YOU are very lucky! Those are pretty expensive! Some guys would be Lexus if they won the lottery, I'd buy those :D

And yes, the no file import is what granular is about, primarily.

If they add file import, for the price, even having to buy a dongle would be good!

Anyone know if it will be a 64-bit plugin?

I reckon that's a sure thing.

abstractcats wrote:
jowen wrote:Using Motu MachFive3 with the IRCAM Granular with sample import is real fun, the same with the Kyma from Symbolic Sound I am allowed to use from time to time.
YOU are very lucky! Those are pretty expensive! Some guys would be Lexus if they won the lottery, I'd buy those :D
FWIW there is an interesting competitive upgrade at 295$ if you own another sampler
http://www.motu.com/store_products/upgrades/machfive
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Looks interesting - I wonder who's the developer...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Gotta say, I love how cheap Padshop is (going to be)! :D

bduffy wrote:Gotta say, I love how cheap Padshop is (going to be)! :D
+1 :)

looking forward to this! Great pad machine. How will it differ from other granular synths?

Igro wrote:How will it differ from other granular synths?
Well it doesn't allow you to import your own samples! :hihi:

Neon Breath wrote:
Igro wrote:How will it differ from other granular synths?
Well it doesn't allow you to import your own samples! :hihi:
LOL!

I'm going to suggest a little ad copy for Steinberg, no charge:

'How does our new granular synth differ from other granular synths out there? Glad you asked. First, you get a free version of our snazzy e-licenser software included with your purchase - you didn't want to install just one program, did you? Second, it's VST3 only! What? You use something called Ableton Live? Sorry, never heard of it. And third, there's no sample import! We heard your whimpers of confusion when attempting to select just the right sample from your hard drive to use in those other granular samplers, and we fixed the problem!'

Again, this one's on the house, Steinberg. Feel free to use it in any upcoming ads.

Dan

dreadnought wrote:
What? You use something called Ableton Live?
I have to admit that this was the funniest part of the post.

:hihi:

No sample import? =epic fail.

dreadnought raises some very valid points.

VST3 only is a dealbreaker for me, and I am not going to change my host just to be able to use this thing.

The other thing is: why would I want to add another VSTi to my workflow, just for a few nice sounding pads?

Sure some of the demo sounds are okay, but I am not hearing anything special that a dozen other VSTis I already have cannot do.

:shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I would definately be interested if we will be able to import samples!

HcDoom wrote:I would definately be interested if we will be able to import samples!
me too, i guess then they would say it will be more expensive :D. lol

well let's see and wait...

Return to “Instruments”