Steinberg Padshop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And they will eventually be left behind.

rsp
sound sculptist

PAK wrote:Steinberg will maybe figure that if you can't beat NI's sampler then at least try to out-synth it ;)
Sounds great to me!

Neon Breath wrote:Cause the majority of the plugin developers don't care about releasing VST3 versions of their plugins, maybe? :shrug:
heh, yeah, that's a good point. The note expression really is a boon for anyone doing orchestral music, though, and I think more of those people will be requesting support of it from their DAWs in the near future.

Uncle E wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Cause the majority of the plugin developers don't care about releasing VST3 versions of their plugins, maybe? :shrug:
heh, yeah, that's a good point. The note expression really is a boon for anyone doing orchestral music, though, and I think more of those people will be requesting support of it from their DAWs in the near future.
Expression Maps are the key feature for articulation stuff (think more of key switches to switch different "articulation" sounds like for playing Glissando etc.). It can send program-change, key-switches and the same time shorten notes and stuff.

While Note Expression is a different story, because it's more like a "controller per note" and this makes sense for all instruments where you normally would use a controller lane or midi CC-messages for some kind of automation of parameters.
(think of moving the panorama for one or some notes, changing the cutoff for transition effects for one note/some notes...). Yes, this "per note" works not with a normal controller but with Note Expression.

I will say, Note Expression can be interesting for all users and now with Padshop and Retrologue hopefully more users will test it and use it.
I don't know about VST3 synth implemented this before, I expect only Halion.
Also newer VST3 synth like Arturia SEM doesn't implement Note Expression so it's not only "we have VST3 too", the developers must also support such features.

Zebra will get the Note Expression stuff in the future iirc :)

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:Zebra will get the Note Expression stuff in the future iirc :)

Cheers
Dennis
:o

any userdemos so far or vids? :(

Caine123 wrote:any userdemos so far or vids? :(
I don't know if this is old already, but this is the first I've seen it.

Both Retrologue and Padshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYiQmVSg2hU

OC

watching it and seeing how he says importing a sample from the library sucks not being able to import your samples.....

Caine123 wrote:watching it and seeing how he says importing a sample from the library sucks not being able to import your samples.....
Then go with Alchemy mate. Import you own samples of your choice, granulate, additive or spectral them & create massive pads and drones :D

I wonder if the reason it's $50 is because they want to sell sound sets for it and preventing sample import is their way of preserving the razor blade - razor style business.

lightsfadelow wrote:I wonder if the reason it's $50 is because they want to sell sound sets for it and preventing sample import is their way of preserving the razor blade - razor style business.
Yeah that's what I think

Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:watching it and seeing how he says importing a sample from the library sucks not being able to import your samples.....
Then go with Alchemy mate. Import you own samples of your choice, granulate, additive or spectral them & create massive pads and drones :D
+1

if this hasnt unique features i will drop it off my list and invest in alchemy...

Well... Alchemy may be great but it costs five times as much as Padshop. At least in the US.

Return to “Instruments”